Filters for P3S?

If the gels are of good quality that is a decent kit.

Reactions: dirkclod
The weight's right and might not have the issue as I did with the snake river . Need someone to get a set and report back ;)

The weight's right and might not have the issue as I did with the snake river . Need someone to get a set and report back ;)
You? :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Tricky one, those gels looks nice and light, but one of the attractions of the Phantom 3s is the quality of the camera and sticking a piece of dark plastic over the lens will cut out the light but I imagine would have a significant effect on image quality. It also looks like it wouldn't be long before they get scratches and folds. On the other hand, a glass filter looks like it may be too heavy and effect the gimbal.

How about a software solution? has anybody tried using Adobe After Effects to introduce some movement blur to a scene with faster shutter speed?

Tricky one, those gels looks nice and light, but one of the attractions of the Phantom 3s is the quality of the camera and sticking a piece of dark plastic over the lens will cut out the light but I imagine would have a significant effect on image quality. It also looks like it wouldn't be long before they get scratches and folds. On the other hand, a glass filter looks like it may be too heavy and effect the gimbal.

How about a software solution? has anybody tried using Adobe After Effects to introduce some movement blur to a scene with faster shutter speed?
The whole point was to get a UV filter just to protect the lens . A member sent me the Snake River filter and if you looked at the video
you see it did cause an issue. I did fix that and sure you can correct anything in Adobe After Effects if you have it .
I had rather scratch a UV filter or other one than the lens glass .

Last edited:
Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Any advances on this front? I just gave my brother a P3S for his birthday and suggested a filter set (he lives in Texas, and the brutal sun there will demand at least a CP down the line), but ran into the same difficulties posted here. No lightweight slip-on filters for the P3S yet?

I have found none yet but wish I could .
Well not any good ones just some jel ones ya stack on ebay but they were lite . I will look for them if you like .

Reactions: cheebs
I have and they work great get the new version they make it easy to keep clean

mine are now on the way...

did anyone ever try these?

I have those and they work great. i dont know about anyone else, but i wouldnt be able to tell the difference on a video between a glass or gel filter.

I went with them instead of the polar pros cuz its lighter and the fact that i can use the precise number of stops on the filter I need (after doubling shutter speed depending on the frames per second im using).

On the polar pro ones, the circular polarizer/nd4 are kind of useless in my opinion. There havent been any reported problems with the weight on the gimbal, but to me, adding unnecessary strain on the gimbal seemed like a bad idea.

anyway, enjoy the filters, theyll make a huge difference!!!

I have Dave's. Both the the original and new version. They work fine for me. A real improvement of the video lighting range. They are light weight. I notice no effect on the gimbal. Also, I converted one of the plastic rings to a lens cover by gluing some card stock on the inside. It slips on the lens and stays put when my P3 is in transit.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj