Filters For FC200

Reaction score
as far as i can tell, the only filter that makes sense is a gradual polarizer.
UV filters do nothing optically. everyone puts them on their lenses, because the effectively protect the front element. thats all.
ND filters simply block out light. this makes sense if you want to use a very large aperture in very light conditions, e.g. f1.8 in bright sunlight. for Vision camera it doesnt make sense - it only has f2.8 and closing aperture usually increases lens performance (sharpness, vignetting, etc).
A polarizer filters out light that comes in at an angle other than straight onto the lens. on a sunny day the sun will reflect off of many surfaces and bounce around. lenses cannot handle this very well (neither can the eye, hence polarized sun glasses). a polarizer filter will block most of such reflected light. the effect is richer colors and better contrast.
I would expect it could very well make quite a difference, judging by what i ve seen from my cameras. Havent tried it though.

anyone tried a polarizer?

IMO some disks of ND film work great. CD center overlays for labels are the perfect size. Cut them out, spray paint flat black and stick on that shiny camera. Disks of film can be combined for the desired effect. Go pros use the same stuff to reduce jello. I've found those 3m sticky notes secure the film sufficiently, and a black marker completes the install! :D

I just installed the filter kit and my video has a black mark on the side. I thought it was the filter in the shot. Do you need to change to FOV to something more narrow with the filter or is it a reflection that I am seeing?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic