Field monitor for the P3P?

Reaction score
Hi,

Any ideas for a nice size field monitor for a P3P. Would like to include a 2nd person in the work/fun.
Just not sure which field monitor gear to add to the wish list.

I'm excited to see what DJI's Crystalsky Monitors bring. Not sure what sizes they are going to be available in..

I've used the Flysight Black Pearl as a second monitor with my P3P..decent monitor for the price but obviously smaller than what I assume you would be looking for

What size of field monitor you are looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had plans to use a spare computer monitor with a monitor tripod. It's a 3D monitor, so it should be plenty bright. Power would come from an inverter plugged to a motorcycle or car battery - or connect the inverter to the accessory outlet in the back of my SUV. DJI Go app mirrored from my Nvidia Shield K1 (HDMI) or use an Amazon Fire stick, Roku, or ChromeCast and mirror it to the monitor wirelessly.

Here's someone on this forum using the Amazon Fire stick to wirelessly transmit to his field monitor: Wireless HDMI on Phantom4 - Galaxy S6

Reactions: BoydBros
I had plans to use a spare computer monitor with a monitor tripod. It's a 3D monitor, so it should be plenty bright. Power would come from an inverter plugged to a motorcycle or car battery - or connect the inverter to the accessory outlet in the back of my SUV. DJI Go app mirrored from my Nvidia Shield K1 (HDMI) or use an Amazon Fire stick, Roku, or ChromeCast and mirror it to the monitor wirelessly.

Here's someone on this forum using the Amazon Fire stick to wirelessly transmit to his field monitor: Wireless HDMI on Phantom4 - Galaxy S6

Thanks ...

Reactions: RadRich
Hi,

Any ideas for a nice size field monitor for a P3P. Would like to include a 2nd person in the work/fun.

I just found out via a review on Amazon, that you can use one of those APS UPS devices as a portable battery. The one below, I found available for $17.11 from a seller than just launched. Hell, why not huh? Pulled the trigger. If I don't use it for the monitor, I can use it to power my Sunhans boosters. Amazon.com: Buying Choices: APC Back-UPS 550VA UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector (BE550G)
image.jpg

Replacement batteries: Amazon.com: be550g replacement battery

If I use my 27" 3D Monitor, rated at 45.5 watts, it can theoretically run for 77 minutes on a full charge:

Runtime.jpg

http://www.apc.com/products/runtimegraph/runtime_graph.cfm?base_sku=BE550G&chartSize=large

Here's the Gator stand I bought. Problem is, that's a lot of stuff to lug around just to fly a drone o_O

gator_cases_gfw_av_lcd_1_frameworks_standard_lcd_led_adjustable_924061.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BMFN4GO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Reactions: BoydBros
Hi,

Here is an idea.....

I took the hdmi output to a 5.8ghz transmitter. Then you can use anything that recieves 5.8ghz!

Here is an idea.....

I took the hdmi output to a 5.8ghz transmitter. Then you can use anything that recieves 5.8ghz!

But is the lag worse than this? So your saying your using the hdmi module, then connecting w 5.8g transmitter to the hdmi out on the module, and then just using a 5.8 receiver monitor? I would expect there to be some lag tho?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic