Field charger.

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a dji phantom 3 adv. it had 2 batteries but I’m wondering if I could make a field charging station I have a spare 48v 12.5 amp ebike battery would it be possible to make this spare battery as a charging bank. What would I need to make device.

The simplest way to do this would be to get a 48v DC to 115/230v AC INVERTER. The standard DJI Charger is only rated at 17v at 3.3amps, (60watts) so doesn't need to be very big. Look them up online.

You need a fair bit of electrical/electronic's save to actually make one.................

This is one good supplier in the US.

Simple inverter diagram...........

Attachments

• eda44881a5ab568104f24a2d9a0c76b901efa0bb_large.jpg
    eda44881a5ab568104f24a2d9a0c76b901efa0bb_large.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Yeah, more batteries are probably better solution.

For using 48V battery, the solution @cheddarman proposed is best.

There is another way which may in some cases be cheaper - buy 48V-to-12V DC-DC converter (costs like 30 usd), screw in car lighter socket at the end (the socket is like 1 usd) , and then use the car charger. It will charge slower than with a good inverter and wall charger, but is definitely cheaper if you already have dji car charger.

Why not a simple inexpensive 12v car charger? (many to choose from on-line). I have a minimum of 4 batteries for any job/place I fly... if it looks like I need more batteries I start charging the first used one and by the time I've gone through the other batteries I can usually have two more used ones charged already and I just keep that rotation going :)

A car charger is a must if you're planing to spend more than one day in an envirinment with no possibility to charge in the house.
And as been said three batteries are good solution. But in that case you should use them all in the same manner. Do not leave one for a reserve.
Best flying.

DIY Voltage & Current adjustable Field charger with digital display.

A combination of a Booster and a Display.

You can even use a partially depleted AC-battery as a power-source.
Example: you depleted 3 AC-batteries to 35%, use 2 of them to charge the third one.

Max charging voltage for P3 battery is 17.4V
Max charging power is 100 Watt
Max charging current is 100/17.4=5.7 Amps

Booster:
Display:

Last edited:
Why not a simple inexpensive 12v car charger? (many to choose from on-line). I have a minimum of 4 batteries for any job/place I fly... if it looks like I need more batteries I start charging the first used one and by the time I've gone through the other batteries I can usually have two more used ones charged already and I just keep that rotation going :)
Run the car charger of 48v battery is it. Then drone charger of charger

Run the car charger of 48v battery is it. Then drone charger of charger
You can NOT use a 12V car charger on a 48V battery, it will break.
If you want to use a car charger you need a 'Step Down converter' to convert the 48V to 12V.
A good choice would be this one:
Choose [DC 48V 60V (20-72V)] for Input Voltage, and [DC 12V 10A 120W Max] for Output Voltage.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic