Feiyu SPG vs. Zhiyun Smooth vs. DJI on iPhone 7 plus

Reaction score
It seems these 3 gimbals are the best in the market today. I am planning to buy one for my iPhone 7 plus. Any recommendation? Is it true that the iP7+ stabilizer competes with Gimbal and does not work well together? I have seen youtubes that when you walk, you can notice it? which one will work better when walking? I'll appreciate your feedback/comments/recommendations.

It seems these 3 gimbals are the best in the market today. I am planning to buy one for my iPhone 7 plus. Any recommendation? Is it true that the iP7+ stabilizer competes with Gimbal and does not work well together? I have seen youtubes that when you walk, you can notice it? which one will work better when walking? I'll appreciate your feedback/comments/recommendations.
I'm surprised that no one responded to your question. did you get something that will work with the iP7+ yet ?

A hand held phone gimbal will be one of my next purchases, so I have no experience with any of them, but interested to see if someone does.

Applying my other drone experience, I will never buy another Feiyu anything. I bought one GoPro drone gimbal from them that was great, so I bought several more. All of the others were horrible. After months of back and forth with Feiyu, they replaced one of the 3 bad ones. They corrected 1 issue, but created another. I bought DJI Zenmuse gimbals. The same rigs were perfect.

I have no experience with Zhiyun. Reviews are "ok" to good. But depending on where you buy it, it is not enough cheaper for me to outweigh all of the positive experience that I have had with DJI products

So far not too much feedback in this thread. I have asked DJI if Osmo supports iPhone 7 plus. They say yes, but when I ask if the stabilizer of the iPhone 7 plus interferes with the Osmo, then, they don't know the answer, so my guess is, it does not work with iPhone 7 plus unless DJI adds a patch in the DJI Go app. So, I have not bought any gimbals yet. I wish I could get a smart answer from DJI so I can acquire my Osmo mobile.

I just got my Osmo Mobile. And from digging through videos and comments all over, yea, it seems the iP7 image stabilization could well be the cause of some video instability. Will the Osmo work with the IP7? Probably. Well? Iffy. I presume a GO update at some point will deal with the issue. When is the question. I am sure it will get some reasonable priority on the dev team now that DJI is in bed with Apple.

Right now I am using my Osmo with my Galaxy S5. I plan to replace the phone soon and I am probably going to grab a Google Pixel or Pixel XL since it has a far superior camera to anything else on the market right now, incuding the iPhone which used to be the top dog. I don't want an iOS device so I was biding my time until an Android competitor stepped up to bat and gave the iP's camera a serious challenger. And from just about every review and comparison I can locate, the Pixel took iPhone's pitch and knocked it out of the park. There are a few circumstances where the iP is still better,however, I will rarely be using it in those circumstances. On top of that, the image stabilization doesn't seem to be an issue when the Pixel is used with Osmo. Or at least nobody has been very vocal about any issues.

any new feedback on gymbals for iPhones?

I picked up a Zhiyun Smooth-Q last week off of Amazon to play around with. It's good, but has some quirks. My Galaxy S8+ is too long for the Smooth-Q to balance, but my Nexus 6P works just fine. I had no problems using with my daughter's iPhone 6S, I haven't tried it with anything else. You can put it on a tripod and control it over Bluetooth from another device. If you want a nice steady panoramic video, this will do it. From what I saw in the YouTube reviews, the Smooth-Q app worked better on iOS than Android, but I think that was mainly with the facial tracking.

Try taping balance wights on to counterbalance the S8. If you can get it to hang fairly straight with no power then you are good to go. I would probably go with lead fish sinkers. Once you got the weight close pound them with a hammer or use a vice to squash them flat then you can easily trim snips off until its spot on. A coat of flat black paint and some velcro and you should be solid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1