fc40

Reaction score
hi I have a fc40 I like it allot but with all the new models out is the fc40 still a good quad to own I have installed a walkera gimble I am using the stock camera seems ok for me I put the 9450 blades on it,just wondering how many people out here still enjoy using the fc 40 compaired to all the newer drones

The P2 has a bad habit of falling out of the sky when it's not busy flying away. :confused:
You tell me which you would rather have knowing that.

I'll get rid of my FC40 when they pry my fingers off of it. :mad:

I'll probably pick up one of those newfangled machines too, when they get the bugs worked out.

Reactions: dtitus6297
The P2 has a bad habit of falling out of the sky when it's not busy flying away. :confused:

I'll get rid of my FC40 when they pry my fingers off of it. :mad:

I'll probably pick up one of those newfangled machines too, when they get the bugs worked out.
thanks ,I do like my fc40 I have had no issues very stable can I put a wifi extender on it looking at the dji one that clamps on would this work with the stock setup

DJI Does not make a wifi extender for the FC40, but you can buy an AMPED repeater or a HAWKING to use as your repeater. There are also smaller repeaters to make your setup more portable. I really like my FC40's and have modified one of them for a 4000 MAH battery and getting 17 minutes flight time. Check the forum there is a lot to find here.

Reactions: IflyinWY
I keep my FC40 instead of buying a newer model just for the fact that it is tested and proven, even though it does not have all the bells and whistles by default. I personally prefer to add everything else on myself so that I can learn and have a deeper understanding of how all of the systems work instead of just having them available.

I keep my FC40 instead of buying a newer model just for the fact that it is tested and proven, even though it does not have all the bells and whistles by default. I personally prefer to add everything else on myself so that I can learn and have a deeper understanding of how all of the systems work instead of just having them available.
thanks that's my thoughts also I have no issues with mine just wanted to know how many on here still fly the fc40

hi I have a fc40 I like it allot but with all the new models out is the fc40 still a good quad to own I have installed a walkera gimble I am using the stock camera seems ok for me I put the 9450 blades on it,just wondering how many people out here still enjoy using the fc 40 compaired to all the newer drones
I have a FC40 and a P2.
The FC40 is my favourite because it's slightly smoother in flying, specially with the stock 8" props, less restricted in the software, has dual redundant batteries possibility and is a basis for any future quad or hex I want to built, with the standard Naza-M V2.
Only downer is the 5.8Ghz control freq. Less range and less choice in FPV Tx/Rx. But it's very easy to change to 2.4Ghz, which I will do as soon as I have received the Frsky Taranis set, I just ordered.

I got my FC40 last June or July and it's still going strong. Had a few hard crashes, and it didn't even phase it really, just a broken or bent prop here and there, and bent landing gear, but it's still flying. I also really like the fact that there's a ton of options when it comes to batteries, and they're much cheaper than the P2s from what I've seen. I'm also more of a sport flyer, so video stability is nice, but not a must have thing for me. I've had a few people actually say they thought the FC40 was a bit more nimble than the P2s as well, but I haven't been able to compare them to verify, as my flying style seems to be more aggressive than most of the people that fly phantoms.

Out of all the ones I own my fc40 is the only one that seems to over every making a habbit of flying away and the only one that ever just out of no were fell out of the sky from 1200 feet up when one of the battery wires came off the main board and I fell like a brick in to the dirt about 1/2 away. Tho only damage was a bent prop. and the wire needing to be soldered back on.

and another time the battery door flew open and the battery slide out hard enough that when the wire ran out of slack it unplugged and crashed in to some tree tops. and Then hit the ground and one of the landing skids cracked and I had to glue it back together. But I never did see the camrea and the bracket again and is still to this day some were up in the tops of the pines.

BUT none the less I actually like the fc40 and is my fun flyer/beater quad. Were the p2v and the p2 with a go pro and fpv and the whole 9 yards are both not as fun to fly as the fc40 is as far as just a fun lean mean racer. And I can definitely confirm that the fc40 is a heck of a lot more nimble then the p2s Being the p2s not only are a lot heavier. They also now have the top speed hobbled in the soft ware which blows the big one. Even with bigger upgraded motors in the p2s they still cant go any faster and can only carry more weigh do the the speed limit BS. also the added weight of all my p2s makes them tend to get more damaged even in much less dramatic crashes then the fc40 has ever had. But i have had the fc40 over 60mph and the fastest i ever had my p2s even with the bigger beefier motors and thrust boosted props is 39mph. Btw that reminds me I have been slacking off and now i am only in 3rd place on the flytrex speed challenge for the fc40s. I'm going to have to do some thing about that and see about squeezing another 7mph out of it so i can get my spot back :) http://www.flytrex.com/challenges/speed/phantom-fc40/

I'm very, very glad I didn't sell it after I got my P2.
The P2 would be the first one to go if I needed the dough for something new.

I'm very, very glad I didn't sell it after I got my P2.
The P2 would be the first one to go if I needed the dough for something new.
thanks everyone for there input on the fc40 I like mine allo was thinking of buying the vision plus but I think there is not enough difference in the two

Well I had one of the 1st Phantoms when they first came out. Modified it for FPV and bigger motors and was using a Futaba 8j for a tx. Had about 12 batteries and a carrying case and on and on. Lost interest. Sold everything for about half of what I had in it. Got into 1:5th scale gas trucks. Still got them. But I traded a roller for a FC40. With one battery, about 6 sets of blades, prop guards. So here I am. Flying again. I really liked the P1 but I am hearing the FC40 is better? No camera with the trade. But looking forward to being in the air. I have a RC Logger Eye One Xtreme and a Symax.

Reactions: lake_flyer
Well I had one of the 1st Phantoms when they first came out. Modified it for FPV and bigger motors and was using a Futaba 8j for a tx. Had about 12 batteries and a carrying case and on and on. Lost interest. Sold everything for about half of what I had in it. Got into 1:5th scale gas trucks. Still got them. But I traded a roller for a FC40. With one battery, about 6 sets of blades, prop guards. So here I am. Flying again. I really liked the P1 but I am hearing the FC40 is better? No camera with the trade. But looking forward to being in the air. I have a RC Logger Eye One Xtreme and a Symax.

Welcome back to the skies CyberVet65. You're in a beautiful part of the country. Any videos to share? Ya gotta get a camera. There's some cool ones out there for under a hundred bucks. ;)

Hey CyberVet65,

The later P1's had some improvements over the first generation. The FC40 is exactly the same as the latest P1.1.1., except for the 5.8Ghz and the camera.

I had the RC Logger Eye One Xtreme as well. Nice little quad. The wind blew it into the lake though.

It seems in some places they are charging more for the FC40 and in other places they are cheap. I found another one brand new for $349 with camera so I scooped it up:D

Reactions: IflyinWY

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.