Fault options

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently got my P3A last Monday.
Now it has a compass error.

What's my best option?

Return it to the store for exchange as it's within the 14 days return policy.

Or send it to dji for repair. I've also ready registered it for a repair?

Thanks

Colin

Sent from my SM-G930F using PhantomPilots mobile app

The compass error is mid flight for a couple of seconds ( no more than 5 ) and it switches to attitude mode. Then sometime it says " compass stuck" when I land it and try take off again!

I haven't taken it more than 500m

Oh and my cal procedure is. Open field leave the remote and take it at least 10ft away making sure my pockets are empty of any interference

Also done the IMU and gimbal cal to try rid this error

And it's the latest firmware

I personally would take it back to the store quick before your return window closes. Let them deal with a defective product so you can spend more of your time enjoying the drone. Time is money and you also spent your money with the expectation of a product that works as advertised.

Reactions: ColinMeikle
When you look at your sensor settings what mod value are you getting for the compass? Where you were flying was there any large metal structures? It might be worth trying a calibration in another area.

This is a similar problem to what I am having. The DJI Go app shows an alarm, set to ATTI mode, shortly after the AC RTH with no control at all.

I don't get a compass error though.

I've replaced the stock antennas and going to try it today...

What Device and os are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ive attached a couple of links of the areas ive used it in and where ive got the compass errors.

Mod values when i recal the IMU or normal values??

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Take it back to the store and get it replaced.
Also, just a tip - don't start a new flight with a battery at 57% - that's really not a good idea.

Take it back to the store and get it replaced.
Also, just a tip - don't start a new flight with a battery at 57% - that's really not a good idea.
The flight with 57% would have been me flying and landing practicing!! Always start a flight with 100%

Ive attached a couple of links of the areas ive used it in and where ive got the compass errors.

Mod values when i recal the IMU or normal values??

The flight with 57% would have been me flying and landing practicing!! Always start a flight with 100%

Congrats on getting a replacement, that's great news!
If you shut down the motors on landing and restart, then that's a new flight. Just saying, as they've been many, many falls from the sky with partially-exhausted batteries. You want to risk it, its your call; personally, I wouldn't.

Reactions: ColinMeikle
I am getting that sinking feeling. I was flying a P3S and I decided I wanted to move up to the Advanced to improve range. I purchased it around 11 Oct. I upgraded the firmware on the controller with no problem Upgrading the bird was a different story. Failed after multiple attempts using DJI tutorial. I called DJI, could hardly understand the person I was talking to. He asked me to e mail him a file from the SD card and he would send me instructions to complete the update. I immediately complied and never heard from him. Frank at Carolina Dronz was kind enough to help me complete the update.

I flew it for the first time today after calibrating the compass. I flew for about 7 - 8 min uneventfully, was about 1500 feet downrange, and I lost visual connection. I hit RTH with success. I did not lose satellite positioning. When it was close enough I cancelled RTH and brought it back in visually. I then received the "Compass Stuck" error. I reset everything and tried again. I again lost visual connection. As I contemplated my options on what to do, I think I remembered that Phantoms that are not purchased from an authorized dealer will not have warranty coverage. I did not think of that at the time and purchased off of Amazon from "SSE Photo & Video". I cannot find the current list of authorized dealers. Are they on it?

Please help. I need guidance on how to proceed.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31