err26 one blink green followed by 4 blinks green

Gary39 said:
Thanks, I got that ok but this video doesn't even make sense, how is this a fix,and if anyone understand how the commentary even matches what the leds are showing ? What the hell is wrong with dji ? I hope newbies don't look at this and try to figure out anything.Advice, if you've got a lot of blinking going on, don't fly. You are looking for 1 green blink about every one to two seconds,that's all. Anything else, don't fly umtil you figure it out.

:lol: yeh, they are really bad with translation and timing. I guess after a while of watching enough badly translated & timed foreign films, I just got used to pause, rewind, play, pause, rewind, play, etc to understand what's going on. :lol:

The DJI videos, with the exception of the ones Colin is in, tend to make issues even more confusing. Especially when the video and the text is not in synch!

I have been checking IMU calibration at the end of each days flying. I have never had a crash or hard landing,I do fly in the wind 10 -12 mph, no more. Each time I check IMU it states "needs calibration,so I do a basic and advanced each time. Don't know whats going on,but recalibrating is worth the few mins. it takes to be on the safe side. I'd contact dji, but I know I wouldn't get a "sane" answer. Update, put it on the computer this morning after doing recacukation last night, didn't fly it just hooked it up again, says recalculation needed. No errer with LEDS. I think dji needs to correct software or IMU.

I now join the masses of Error 26 Phantom flyers.
Mine took a bad hit when I flew it ito me REAR!..It smarted!!!.
I have tried the whackamo method and multiple Advanced Recalibrations to no avial. I will fly in ATTI mode, but not in GPS mode.
I purchased the Phantom as a platform to learn and slowly upgrade to a larger system with FPV. THe larger systems which I was eyeing were NAZA controlled systems. Now, I am afraid to move up to a systems that utilizes NAZA.

I have written DJI support and one person from the company who answered an appeal for a password for the software. I will wait to see if they just try to pass me off to my vendor. The problem with going to the vendor, is that I was a camera company in NY. I am certain that they will have no idea what to do.

If anyone has a suggestion other than the Whackamo method, I would like to hear about it.
Or if someone can give me more details on the Wackamo method (ie, should it be powered up, plugged in to the software, etc.) I would also appreciat that also.

Did you try doing Basic IMU recalibration first, and then do Advanced recalibration?

I think some others were only doing Advanced, not doing the basic first, and by doing both they were able to fix.

Yes, try what darkhorse suggested, you shouldn't have to be doing a "whacko" treatment for an err26. I had to follow his proceedure several times before I got mine fixed. Don't give up, but don't whack it for err26. Flying it into your rear doesn't count for a hard hit, chuckle, I got mine in my lap. PS I don't know why they asked you for a password for the software, it's readilly available to all phantom owners. I keep remembering things after I post, I tried just basic a couple of times without doing advanced, that sometimes works too.Don't give up, keep trying.

Regarding the password problem. I tried multiple times to register on line. It never worked. Finally the e-mail me a password.
That got me going.
A per the error 26. I am still getting the error during Adv Recal. However the parameters are within the prescribed limits. And now it is flying appropriately and showing slow green led. Still get err on software however.

I get that same error everytime I do an advanced recalibration If yours is like mine, when the software gives you the green check when it is finished recalibrating, the "other err26" disappears. I think their software just does that because after it's done I only get the single green led. That's why I sometimes only use basic as that error doesn't show. In one of my above posts tell of recalc at night, next day said it needed to be done again. I think as long as you only get one green blink every 1 or 2 seconds, you're ok, at least i have no problem. I think they have a software problem. Do you get the single green blink after you re-calibrate ? If so forget about that err26 in advanced, it's just there. Wonder if everybody else has noticed that red "other err26" blinking down there? People might be thinking they don't have it fixed when they really do.I got to thinking after I posted this, I'll bet you've noticed too, while it is recal. the parameters are all over the place. Maybe thats what causes the err while it is recal. Then when the software finishes all parameters return to where they belong and the green checkmark comes on to lock parameters then err disappears. Food for thought. You don't see that on Colins video because they don't show the whole sequence,just starting rec. and the finish with green check on. Actually, after looking at his video the err at the bottom does show.The way their software works I guess.

Re: err26

I have had trouble with the Error 26 in the past. After a crash, my Phantom would not calibrate well. On takeoff it just fell over. After several Advanced Cals, I started gettig error 26, and then one day it just started flying perfectly. I have flow at least 20 flights and have had not problem, however, error 26 continued to show.
Just today, I upgraded the Assistant Software to 2.1 (from 2.02). Error 26 nolonger appears and I am still flying well.

Re: err26

rcray said:
I have had trouble with the Error 26 in the past. After a crash, my Phantom would not calibrate well. On takeoff it just fell over. After several Advanced Cals, I started gettig error 26, and then one day it just started flying perfectly. I have flow at least 20 flights and have had not problem, however, error 26 continued to show.
Just today, I upgraded the Assistant Software to 2.1 (from 2.02). Error 26 nolonger appears and I am still flying well.
Yes, the new software seems to have taken care of it. check some of the other posts under general instructions concerning new software. One give the new led sequence.Lot of people like the new throttle setup, I don't but I guess I will have to get used to it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj