Ebay battery

Got my battery today and it wont charge. The first LED just keeps flashing. I also noticed some differences with the two official batteries that i have. What do you think? My 'official' batteries don't have the Chinese writing on them. 20170120_160836.jpg 20170120_160836.jpg 20170120_160853.jpg 20170120_160911.jpg 20170120_160919.jpg

Edit: I was concerned because the #1 led seemed to be blinking faster than normal like it wasn't charging. After leaving it on for a few minutes it seems to be charging normally. BTW, the packaging was completely sealed and appears to be legit.

Has anybody else seen the same markings on the batteries? Is this an older/newer version?

Last edited:
Here's another listing for the same battery by the same seller, and they claim it is the newer generation battery. I'm a little hesitant to order one, but it does appear to be a genuine DJI battery (perhaps just a different SKU due to region differences)?

Is the battery working out well for you? It seems like this could be a better option to save a bit of money without buying those risky 3rd party batteries. On the other hand, it could be a total scam and really IS a 3rd party battery?

Here's another listing for the same battery by the same seller, and they claim it is the newer generation battery. I'm a little hesitant to order one, but it does appear to be a genuine DJI battery (perhaps just a different SKU due to region differences)?

Is the battery working out well for you? It seems like this could be a better option to save a bit of money without buying those risky 3rd party batteries. On the other hand, it could be a total scam and really IS a 3rd party battery?
Couldn't see your link but looked at the link from @av8shunmeckaneck and nearly all the feedback for Phantom 3 batteries seems pretty positive from a wide range of buyers. I would hope that if it wasn't exactly as advertised then quite a few buyers would have mentioned it and thumbed it down.

Feedback Selector - Search Results

Got my battery today and it wont charge. The first LED just keeps flashing. I also noticed some differences with the two official batteries that i have. What do you think? My 'official' batteries don't have the Chinese writing on them.View attachment 74014 View attachment 74014 View attachment 74015 View attachment 74016 View attachment 74017

Edit: I was concerned because the #1 led seemed to be blinking faster than normal like it wasn't charging. After leaving it on for a few minutes it seems to be charging normally. BTW, the packaging was completely sealed and appears to be legit.

Has anybody else seen the same markings on the batteries? Is this an older/newer version?
These additional batteries are produced for worldwide use, not just English speaking countries, hence the English as well as the Chinese characters.

These additional batteries are produced for worldwide use, not just English speaking countries, hence the English as well as the Chinese characters.

Yes, I meant to comment on this as well but forgot.

As Numone says, don't get overly stressed-out over the Chinese writing on the battery After all, they are (probably) made in China/Taiwan/Hong Kong/Singapore.

Have a look at this link too... (The search facility here is a wonderful thing.... I use it often.... ;))

http://www.phantompilots.com/search/22817390/?q=battery+chinese&o=relevance&c[node]=81

I picked up a second one at BestBuy after 2 wk wait on Factory order. Yesterday in the midst of a flight, "bad battery cell" displayed in iPad screen. Aborted flight and checked it later with no repeat of event.
Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I picked up a second one at BestBuy after 2 wk wait on Factory order. Yesterday in the midst of a flight, "bad battery cell" displayed in iPad screen. Aborted flight and checked it later with no repeat of event.
Any ideas?

So this isn't about a battery from Ebay, which this original thread was about? Perhaps best to start a new thread - the search facility (magnifying glass icon, top right) will help you decide where to add your post to an existing thread, or whether to start a new thread.

Notwithstanding, if you get an error message, it could be a false fault-call or the precursor of something more serious. Please do a search here, perhaps using such words as 'Battery bad cell' or 'bestbuy battery' or similar before deciding where it's best to post your query...

Last edited:

I have not had a chance to fly with the new battery yet. I put it in the P3P and checked it after charging. It had 0 charges on it and cells perfectly matched.

Any ideas?

I did the same thing. Bought one from DJI during their 104$ sale. They took the payment and waited 2 weeks to ship on the slow boat. Still hasn't arrived.

OK - if these are all from the same supplier from Ebay, as reported on the link above, then report your experience on Ebay feedback and then, if enough people do it, others will know.... and can judge accordingly....

Finally got the battery that I ordered direct from DJI during their $104 sale. I hate that they require a signature. Anyway, the battery direct from DJI perfectly matches the eBay battery with the additional writing. The battery from eBay had retail packaging and DJI battery was in wholesale packaging. The boxes are almost identical. DJI battery came in a brown box with same markings as eBay but with added LiPo Shipping warnings printed on it.

Anyway, seems the eBay battery is legit. Better get them before there are no more REAL P3 batteries left.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl