E310 Thrust Boosted Props (9450L)

Reaction score
I bought a refurbished P2 from 1UAS and with it came a set of these props. They are grey in color. They are marked 9450 and nothing else, but the bag they come in is marked E310 9450L Thrust Boosted Prop.

Here is the funny thing, I decided to weigh each individual prop and came up with no two props weighing the same. I reload my own ammo, so I can weigh things in grains or grams, so decided to weigh the props in Grams.

Four grey props. Two were CW and the other two CC.
CW 12.72 12.72
CC 12.71 12.70

Four white, gold tipped props for a P3. 9450's
CW 12.85 12.84
CC 12.59 12.24

Four stock 9450 props never flown.
CW 12.00 12.31
CC 12.18 12.49

FYI, none of the props weighed had been flown.

I will let you draw your own conclusions on this weight thing with the props. It would seem to me that from what I can see, the Grey Turbo Thrust props were the most consistent in weighing the same. There were some pretty good deviations between the others and that is then up to you to decide if the difference in weight is significant enough to warrant your further consideration or action. Do you use a dremel to grind off some plastic around center point and then reweigh the props to try and get them all the same.

I do know that when you spin anything, the weight involved is important.

I think that weight difference is insignificant. I've never weighed my props and they work fine. Historically, quality control has not been a DJI strong point. IMO each prop being balanced is more important.

Reactions: Fplvert
I do know that when you spin anything, the weight involved is important.
You are correct, however, it's the balance of each propeller that is most important.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I bought a refurbished P2 from 1UAS and with it came a set of these props. They are grey in color. They are marked 9450 and nothing else, but the bag they come in is marked E310 9450L Thrust Boosted Prop.

K.M.Harp - thanks for posting another interesting thought - Hmm, doubtful if weight is an issue although when thinking of load on the motor Vs efficiency - I would tend to think the slightly (very slight) heavier prop would give you more stability and better handling (as long as all 4 weighed the same).

I have a P2 V+ and P3A and both props model numbers are the 9450 DJI stock props - the difference I see between the two is the P2 V+ has a threaded metal hub for installation and the P3A has the all plastic/nylon threaded hub. Perhaps that is why the difference in weight K.M.Harp - did you notice if any of the props have a metal thread hub up Vs the all plastic ones?

I can't say to certain if the uneven weight between 4 props when installed would make a difference or not as to stability etc. - Balance is the #1 issue - however if you notice any difference, your suggestion as to removing some material (sanding) from near the centre of the prop/hub area would be the place to do it rather than either the leading or trailing edges.

Reactions: AgentOrange2015

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31