Duel charger? Car charger?

What is your car circuit power rating?

I've got the linked inverter from Amazon, the Bestek, and it works fine. Are you guys sure you're letting your battery cool off enough first? If it's too hot to charge, you'll get the blinking red light on the battery. I think it's the 3-blink for too hot, can't remember now.

Mine stops charging, then starts charging again. Battery wa not hot or blinking red.

I have a 150w inverter that works in the car fine. You have to get a True sine wave inverter, not modified sine wave. I measured 114w coming out while charging so I wouldn't use any smaller than 150w. Doesn't really work unless the car is running - needs more V than just the battery.

I know your trying to show the charger, but all I see is them batts lol

Lmao. I realized that after I loaded the picture hahahaha I had just opened them all to charge haha.

So does that mean that different inverters may have different wave forms and that the DJI charger will not work on some inverters?

Its possible. An inverter creates a digital waveform that is not true AC as you would get out of the outlet. I would say that it will probably work fine but hard to say.

In the old days the wall charger would have been a transformer to drop voltage down a lower voltage, rectifier to make DC and a regulator to keep it at proper charging voltage. However now days with "smart chargers" and such there is usually more electronics involved. Sometimes the electronics don't like the fake wave form.

You may have to run he inverter directly off the battery if the power socket inside the vehicle limits the output.
As mentioned before quoted above, some inverters MUST be attached directly to the battery of the vehicle to run chargers that require more power to operate. Read the inverters manual. Mine has two different output capabilities dependent on if it (the inverter) is plugged into the cigarette lighter or attached directly to the car battery with the supplied alligator clips attached to the posts on the inverter. Similar to what is seen in post #9's picture above.

Does anyone have a long-term charging solution for back country work? I will be away from electricity for 2+ weeks, trying to decide whether a car-powered inverter (of any size) will be enough to charge P3, tablet, and laptop for processing photos/videos. It feels safer to spend a few 100 bucks and get a small generator, but the extra gas, mess, noise are a drawback. Would appreciate any advice

Ok I just check my Cobra 200W inverter with a meter. Voltage tester shows near 110, but when testing peak to peak Sine, it's only 91volts. So, I think I've definitely got a problem. Power capacity is important, but input voltage into the charger is just as important otherwise it can't regulate the voltage properly. Glad I only paid $14 on eBay. I'll be re-posting it and replacing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj