Drones in Uganda

Most airlines have no worry about bringing the drone on as carry-on luggage.
It does not have to be checked in.

You are likely to get your friend in a lot more trouble doing that.
No airline allows spare lithium batteries in checked luggage.
They have to be in carry-on luggage.
Go to your airline's website and search for Lithium or Batteries to see their rules.

Some airlines allows spare lithium batteries in checked luggage.
I will fly witth Turkish Airlines, batteries up to 100 Wh can be carried in the cabin and checked luggage.
A Mavic has a 43 Wh battery, which means batteries are allowed in checked luggage.

My first pic in Uganda. Took off from that boat while we went out for fishing

Attachments

• 42AA81E7-432A-4CD2-9D6F-A39580A88942.jpg
    42AA81E7-432A-4CD2-9D6F-A39580A88942.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 410
yes. all good. but having 1 battery is really a big hassle
Hey~ are you in Kampala? I have a Mavic too, maybe we could fly together someday, I have 2 batteries and can share ideas! I suggest also flying discreetly, but I posted the videos on youtube too, not so discreet :tearsofjoy:
Enjoy the video~

Hey~ are you in Kampala? I have a Mavic too, maybe we could fly together someday, I have 2 batteries and can share ideas! I suggest also flying discreetly, but I posted the videos on youtube too, not so discreet :tearsofjoy:
Enjoy the video~
I just got back to Malaysia last Saturday

Enjoy the video~

Can you send the link of your video ?
I will be in Uganda in 3 weeks, and I hope everything will be fine with the drone

I am finally back in Europe after 2 weeks in Uganda and few days in Rwanda.
I m gg to share with you my experience.

I took a flight from London to Cairo. My drone was in my hand bagage and nothing happened at the x-ray control in London.
I was flying with egypt air.
I stopped off in Cairo and took another flight to Entebbe. In Cairo there was another x-ray control and the security told me that the drone is not allowed in the plane....and asked me to check in my hand bagage. I discovered in Egypt drone are apparently forbidden. So watch out if your are stopping off somewhere.

In Uganda, before leaving the airport there is a X-ray machine. But everything was fine, they just didn't care or didn't notice .. it's hard to say.

In the country I only used it in the national park. It suppose to be ban or you are suppose to pay for it .. but I was on a self drive, and the park are huge, it's easy to find a quite place and use your drone.

I find that use it in Rwanda.

For the way back I was travelling with je ya airways and put my drone in my check-in bagage. I stop off in Nairobi and then to paris. Everything was fine.

I appreciate all your contributions here and many people have tried to sneak in drones into Uganda and have been denied and their drones end up being stored at the airport. The laws in Uganda are very clear and there is no short cut. If you tried and sneaked in, that was your luck but there proper ways of temporarily importing and flying your drone in Uganda. Drones are allowed in Uganda and below is the proper way of getting permission

Step one: You need to write the line ministry requesting them to grant you permission and to request Ministry of Defense and Civil Aviation Authority to grant you permission to bring in and fly your drone in Uganda. If for example, what you want to film is about tourism, you will have to write to the ministry of tourism and you address your letter to the minister indicating who you are, what,when and where you want to film, type of drone and details of the one going to fly it and how your shoot is going to promote tourism in Uganda. This letter must be presented to the office of the minister physically and may take up to 5-6 working days to be approved. If this is approved, the ministry will write to the ministry of Defense to allow you import your drone into the country. The minister of Defense and his security committee will first forward your letter to Uganda Air Force base who in turn will deal with Civil Aviation Authority to make sure that you fly your drone in selected locations in Uganda.

Once permission to import your drone is guaranteed, you need to follow the right procedures in Uganda. You have to contact any Fixer in Uganda to help you clear in your drone, if you are a serous film crew, you will need a fixer to help you with this as well as press accreditation and location scouting.

The above process may take up to 3 months and thus you need to contact your Fixer in Uganda in time. Some of the most trusted fixers that adhere to the proper way in uganda include Encounter Africa Safaris in Uganda and has a lot of reviews about their experience. You can get details drones and fixer services by visiting their website www.filmcrewfixersuganda.com

Any issues transporting the drone between the Rwanda/Uganda border?

I am finally back in Europe after 2 weeks in Uganda and few days in Rwanda.
I m gg to share with you my experience.

I took a flight from London to Cairo. My drone was in my hand bagage and nothing happened at the x-ray control in London.
I was flying with egypt air.
I stopped off in Cairo and took another flight to Entebbe. In Cairo there was another x-ray control and the security told me that the drone is not allowed in the plane....and asked me to check in my hand bagage. I discovered in Egypt drone are apparently forbidden. So watch out if your are stopping off somewhere.

In Uganda, before leaving the airport there is a X-ray machine. But everything was fine, they just didn't care or didn't notice .. it's hard to say.

In the country I only used it in the national park. It suppose to be ban or you are suppose to pay for it .. but I was on a self drive, and the park are huge, it's easy to find a quite place and use your drone.

I find that use it in Rwanda.

For the way back I was travelling with je ya airways and put my drone in my check-in bagage. I stop off in Nairobi and then to paris. Everything was fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj