Drone Zones just released for IOS and Android

Reaction score
I already know these places................ straight from the FAA website!

• Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
  • Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
  • Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
  • Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
  • Don't fly near people or stadiums
  • Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
  • Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft

So I can fly pretty much anywhere except for the above restrictions. Welcome! :cool:

https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/

I already know these places................ straight from the FAA website!

• Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
  • Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
  • Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
  • Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
  • Don't fly near people or stadiums
  • Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
  • Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft
So I can fly pretty much anywhere except for the above restrictions. Welcome! :cool:

https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/

You forgot:
- Can't fly in National Parks, National Recreation Areas, or National Monuments.

Keep in mind that this app tells you where there are beautiful safe places to fly. It doesn't tell you anything about where not to fly. There are plenty of times when I am traveling that I will want to know cool places to fly. When other operators take the time to input their favorite places, I get the chance to try those out.

Reactions: snerd
Nothing in a city of 6 million people. oh well
This is an interactive app and just released. It depends on the input of others' information. I have already added two of my favorites. Please think about adding sites. I am one of the 127 who assisted in the development of this site and it is a freebie. I would like to see it become an Atlas of places for aerial videographers.

Hey. I added a point and dropped a pin. Sure would be nice to hit the pin and it sends you to iOS maps and give you address and directions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff48920

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic