Drone Umbrella

Would you want a Drone Umbrella?

• Yes

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 70.3%

• Total voters
Hi Brolly Guy,

For Emergencies or Waterproofing?? You will need to do some calculations or practical studies, as it appears that you have not taken into consideration the required airflow, vortices, uplift, downdraft and suchlike airflow principles that allow the craft to fly. Then you will have to check how the 'cage' of the umbrella will effect the telemetry / signal. Also to consider it he 'sail' effect that the umbrella skin will have. So, I would rather suggest a 'deployable' umbrella - one that opens when there is an emergency detected automatically or when the pilot activates it. Alternatively, look at waterproofing with some mechanical means / barriers / sealants and install a commercially available Safety Parachute. SkyLimit-Ed

Hi,

I have a DJI Inspire 1 and I want to create a drone umbrella. I will be flying it in the rain.

I wanted your opinion about it. I am concerned about the drag and the stability of the drone once I attach the umbrella. It would act as a sail.

Umbrella, no. Shield, maybe.
Everyone is looking for waterproofing and if you can find a way to do it, great, but an umbrella is too unpredictable.
Look at the drone - what needs shielding?
- Find a way to shed water over the ventilation ports.
- Shield the camera and other electronics under the craft.
I'm not sure you need to cover the motors - 3-phase motors can run in water.

Patent your discoveries and sell them to the rest of us!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik