Drone skakes real bad

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum.

I have a Phantom vision 2 and I recently installed the chinese gimbal using the original camera from DJI. Everything works fine except for one thing: the drone shakes really bad during flight. So it is not the gimbal that shakes when the drone is not flying. The drone shakes so badly that the gimbal can not compensate during flight.

Do I have to do a new IMU calibration since the mass balance changed? I do not see how the IMU calibration would help, since this is done on a completely flat surface with no movement.

My gain settings are:
BASIC Pitch: 100%, Roll: 100%, Yaw: 185%, Vertical: 200%.
ATTITUDE Pitch: 220%, Roll: 220%.

I sincerely hope someone can help me out here.

Best regards,
RPEP

Sounds like a prop is unbalanced, or a motor. Check those for the problem. If you've crashed it that might be the cause, not a camera or gimbal.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have not crashed the drone and I balanced the props. When i 'fire' up the motors to a level where the drone does not take of (but almost) it is perfectly balanced. No shaking and no wobbling.

If it is shaking while still on the ground, then I would look at the props and motor. But if it's shaking while off the ground, then it may be a center of gravity change the firmware can't deal with. There's a video out there of someone trying to mount a GoPro to his Mavic. Mounted directly on the Mavic disrupted GPS so he used a mount about 6" or more and that threw the Mavic off balance that it shook too much. The P2 might not have as much stability controls that it can't compensate for the weight distribution change with the third party gimbal.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Try taping dimes or pennies to areas that could balance it to center.

Okay, playing around with the gain settings improves the stabillity of the bird significantly. There is a very slight jello in the footage now.
My settings are now:
BASIC Pitch: 85%, Roll: 85%, Yaw: 140%, Vertical: 140%.
ATTITUDE Pitch: 260%, Roll: 260%.

I'm not quite there yet, but I'll do some more testing when there is not as much wind as today (up to 4 bft).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub