Drone Retrieving NYC Woman Falls 3 Stories

Reaction score
A 55-year-old woman is in critical condition after falling three stories from an NYC roof while trying to retrieve her lost drone, the New York Daily News reports. The woman was piloting a drone from the roof of her building in the East Village Friday when she lost control and crashed it on a neighboring rooftop. While "trying to rappel from her building, shimmying down using a tarp," per the NYDN, the woman slipped and fell down to the neighboring roof. She was rushed to Bellevue Hospital.

unfortunate incident, but sounds like a Ron White kinda deal "Can't fix stupid"...rappelling down a tarp ??? really...WOW!!!

At least EMS was probably able to grab the drone for her at the same time they were there to retrieve her. LOL

For those studying for the FAA Remote Pilot Exam, the acronym TARP stands for Temporary Alternate Retrieval Procedure. ;)

Unfortunate, but common.....I mean the silly/stupid things people do. I have been in public safety for over 20 years, for the last 11 Fire and EMS. We are a very busy agency and most of what we do is try to fix or save people from the dumb situations they get into. Each week something tops what I saw the week before. I've made a good living for me and my family over the years but I can guarantee in 8.5 years I will be done.

Hopefully she will be ok, but the older we get the harder it is to recover from critical condition, tough for a young person as it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31