Drone rage puts stomper in court (New Zealand News story)

"....... Done said he was concerned about people taking footage from drones and said he was standing up for personal privacy.

"That's part of the reason I did it. I basically stood up for everyone else who wanted to do something like that but it's not in their nature to go and do it," he said.

"If you asked lots of people I think they'd be on my side..............."

Azzhat. Needs an altitude adjustment. The bully always seems selective in picking a little fraidy-cat to harass. But that can happen in a country where the good guys can't carry to protect themselves. Not that they would even want to!

Reactions: dirkclod
Man, after reading this, and seeing the video of the guy whipping the drone out of the air with his shirt.. I'm not sure if I could contain my own rage...

The battery charges would really suck, but it'd feel good stomping this guys face after he stomped my phantom :p

Not really, I've actually never even been in a fight.

But this is the second story like this I've seen in a couple months, and it reaffirms my trust no one opinion. I will always hand land. And any strangers that might happen to approach, I must assume they are there to lose their mind and destroy the drone.

It's the same thing with motorcycling, just always go ahead and assume people are gonna make that left turn in front of you in broad daylight when you're very visible with reflective gear. Always assume there's a moron that could end your life at any moment.

Always assume there's an uneducated and paranoid jackass fearing someone is spying on them with a wide angle lens that makes people looks like specs from 40 feet away ready to stomp your drone.

As if I want to see your littered back yard...opposed to seeing some of natures amazing displays.

No respect for other property should have made him pay the full amount up front or jail time for distruction of property by criminal intent.

No respect for other property should have made him pay the full amount up front or jail time for distruction of property by criminal intent.
Whole 'nother mindset and laws over that way. Like GB, they don't have a right to defend themselves I would imagine. Duty to retreat and the like. Mind-boggling.

Not surprised that a scumbag like that could not pay up front.Hopefully the P3 was covered by the owners household insurance.

wow, they are coming after us.

in the FAA thread some woman physically assaults a young guy...

Reactions: Duke
Yes, he was a smart cool young man, smart to film her with his phone and remain calm.

hard to do for sure.

i doubt i would have had such restraint...

now she is facing third degree battery charges according to the video comments

Apparently he was 17 and she 23. Imagine if the genders had been reversed and a 23 year old man had attacked a 17 year old female. I guarantee you it wouldn't be just third-degree battery. They should have thrown the book at that crazy *****.

Apparently he was 17 and she 23. Imagine if the genders had been reversed and a 23 year old man had attacked a 17 year old female. I guarantee you it wouldn't be just third-degree battery. They should have thrown the book at that crazy *****.
Yep. And he should have just stood there and been beaten to death. It's the PC thing to do, ya know.

Reactions: AirborneInPDX
They just passed overwhelmingly restrictive laws on flying drones in NewZealand basically giving the stomper total victory...albeit a bit later.

According to the new laws, you may as well sell your drone if you live there now.

I can see restrictions on the horizon here in the USA due to so many dridiots abusing the privilege.

CAA have drawn a line in the sand.Good on them for being assertive.Kiwis are known worldwide for their ingenuity and positivity.
This is a positive for UAV'S future.

CAA have drawn a line in the sand.Good on them for being assertive.Kiwis are known worldwide for their ingenuity and positivity.
This is a positive for UAV'S future.

Positive?
I always thought of NZ as one of the most Libertarian countries there is. I was looking forward to checking it out some day as a possible place to retire.
I guess I was wrong. Save the plane fare and keep the UAV at home!

They just passed overwhelmingly restrictive laws on flying drones in NewZealand basically giving the stomper total victory...albeit a bit later.

According to the new laws, you may as well sell your drone if you live there now.

I can see restrictions on the horizon here in the USA due to so many dridiots abusing the privilege.

Nup, you can always join a club.
Or get on the right side of a farmer with some land.
Positive?
I always thought of NZ as one of the most Libertarian countries there is. I was looking forward to checking it out some day as a possible place to retire.
I guess I was wrong. Save the plane fare and keep the UAV at home!

Its a matter of Perspective.
I hear France is a good place to retire to.....great healthcare

Nup, you can always join a club.
Or get on the right side of a farmer with some land.

Its a matter of Perspective.
I hear France is a good place to retire to.....great healthcare

I thought New Zealand had great Healthcare, an excellent mix of public resources and private enterprise- Guess I was wrong.
And if you live on one of the coasts in the U.S.,, where about 70% of the population lives, there aren't a lot of farms I can solicit to fly. Plus I want to capture our beautiful beaches and shorelines, not cows. I'm at a loss how restrictions from the strong arm of government is a "positive" thing or represents "ingenuity"- yes, there are idiots looking to destroy freedoms for all of us. But how about putting the resources into education instead of severe restrictions? Plus, your own CAA states that even though "accidents" are up in your country this year, (54 cases) “None of these accidents have involved collisions with other aircraft or people on the ground." We can still do something about the negative image of this hobby before it's too late and the U.S. gets these overbearing restrictions under penalty of law like NZ will have next week.. Even from a libertarian perspective, I would not be opposed to something like licensed dealers, age restrictions (like a drivers license), and a few hour course to teach proper technique including when and where one should fly- along with a certification card.

Last edited:
Wow! That crazy lady got physical cause the young man was flying his drone on a public beach?? Watch out! I hear frisbee on a public beach will get you a beating too these days!!! Crazy should be in jail for sure! Can you imagine what she would do to somebody with a dslr and a telephoto lens taking pictures on the beach?

Reactions: garpt
I thought New Zealand had great Healthcare, an excellent mix of public resources and private enterprise- Guess I was wrong.
And if you live on one of the coasts in the U.S.,, where about 70% of the population lives, there aren't a lot of farms I can solicit to fly. Plus I want to capture our beautiful beaches and shorelines, not cows. I'm at a loss how restrictions from the strong arm of government is a "positive" thing or represents "ingenuity"- yes, there are idiots looking to destroy freedoms for all of us. But how about putting the resources into education instead of severe restrictions? Plus, your own CAA states that even though "accidents" are up in your country this year, (54 cases) “None of these accidents have involved collisions with other aircraft or people on the ground." We can still do something about the negative image of this hobby before it's too late and the U.S. gets these overbearing restrictions under penalty of law like NZ will have next week.. Even from a libertarian perspective, I would not be opposed to something like licensed dealers, age restrictions (like a drivers license), and a few hour course to teach proper technique including when and where one should fly- along with a certification card.

Whatever Man, I am not getting worked up about it. Dickheads have got us to where we are today, and I am glad the CAA has come out and finally laid down the law.
If you are really interested you should read and watch the video surrounding last fridays announcement.CAA and the government made it quite clear that innovators and serious drone users will not be stifled.
Its the dickheads that buy a drone over the internet and think thaqy can do or fly anywhere they like and as high as they like.
Many many government departments from conservation, coastguard SAR, military, fire, police everyone is experimenting with
ths technology.
Me personally, I am using my P3 daily to check on multiple groups of animals.
And regards to Healthcare - I guess you were wrong.
My personal crusade at the moment is trying to get decent broadband - I have visited Third world countries that have better broadband than us.

Reactions: sergekouper
It's a very sticky situation I can understand the guy's situation but if he feels threatened in any way or felt his daughter was been spied on call the cops have them figure it out I read someplace maybe it was here on the forum that's it's against the lay to shoot at or shoot down a drone as it comes under the same protection as a regular airplane

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4