Drone laws in europe on holiday ?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

We've decided to spend a month in europe in September/October. Travelling though England, Germany, France, Austria and the Netherlands.

Im just wondering if its worth taking the phantom 4 along or will I get hounded by the constabulary ?

We plan on seeing things such as Stonge Henge, Brighton, Castles, Rhine Valley, Austrian Alps etc.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Europe has varying rules, in UK use this as a guide:
Drone code | Dronesafe

To summarise, LOS only, 400 feet max AGL, 50m from property, 150m from built up areas/crowds, don't fly within 5 miles of airports.
No registration required for a P4 in UK.

Additionally, you'll want to consult the NFZs - for UK check Home
For example, Stone Henge is well and truly off limits. Brighton, away from people and property (ie. over the beach/sea) is OK, many castles will also be OK but check if overfly is OK.

Yes, agree with Paul for the UK, but anything belonging to the National Trust or English heritage is off limits.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

So
Europe has varying rules, in UK use this as a guide:
Drone code | Dronesafe

To summarise, LOS only, 400 feet max AGL, 50m from property, 150m from built up areas/crowds, don't fly within 5 miles of airports.
No registration required for a P4 in UK.

Additionally, you'll want to consult the NFZs - for UK check Home
For example, Stone Henge is well and truly off limits. Brighton, away from people and property (ie. over the beach/sea) is OK, many castles will also be OK but check if overfly is OK.

So exactly the same rules as Australia ! :) I'll at least take my proof of registration with CASA to prove i'm a qualified pilot if anyone does ask. I would expect stone henge to be a no go zone, same as anything in London but I feel happier that I can take my little white friend with me on holidays now !

Reactions: PaulSouthport
I think the drone laws are the same whether you're on holiday or not. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik