Drone insurance

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have couple of small jobs lined up with some real estate agent, what would you recommend for insurance, in the past i used the app verifly for like $10-20 an hour, but since I'm getting more jobs do you recommend i just get yearly, and if you do, does anyone has idea how much is it or any additional info, or is there anything else out there...

Thanks

I fly only as a hobbyist. I'm not 107 certified (thinking about it though) but I do have my drone covered.

Like others on here have done (you can find it in a search) I called my local State Farm office and got a personal Article Policy for my 3SE. I paid $60 for it, I had to provide a copy of the receipt, the serial number and a picture to show proof it was not already destroyed.

Done. If I lose it, crash it, stolen, etc I'm covered.

The State Farm insurance is for hobbyist only, specifically not for professional flying. Also, it doesn't cover liability. Verifly is a great solution, just consider it a cost of doing business, and you can advertise that you have a million dollars of liability insurance which just might bring in more business for you.

I just signed up thru the insurance AMA offers today. 1 mill liability and 1,500 hull coverage for the drone for $605 a year.

Reactions: Alonnlh
Yes it’s important to note that Farmers insurance does not cover your biggest exposure, liability. Beyond that it is simply a PAP plan and opens you up to regular insurance rate changes upon use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves