Drone battery not charging

Reaction score
Hello all. I’m new to the group as I have just been given a new Phantom 4.
The drone was purchased about a year ago and not used. It has now been given to me as a birthday gift. I have charged the controller however the drone battery will not charge. When I plug it in to charge the lights come on and flash but after about two / three seconds they go off. It has been charging for several hours but no charge.
Does anyone have any ideas what I can do as I don’t want to spend £150 on a battery when this one has never been used?

It is possible, since it has been sitting so long that you may have no other option than replace it. However, plug it back on to the charger and try turning the battery on to charge. You are familiar with the process correct? You read the manual?

I have plugged the battery in to the charger and even tried the press once then press and hold for two seconds. Lights come on and then they go off again

It's possible that it's an issue with the charger. Do you have a second charger or a second battery?

While anything is possible.... a LiPo sitting for a year is much more likely to have a problem than a charger.

The charger worked well for the Controller so I would guess that unfortunately the battery is a gonna

But, you don't know that. The battery in the controller and the battery for the AC are different voltages with a different number of cells. The charger hub may have two different sections dedicated for each task. Normally, a dead battery does not display any lights, too.

True... But LiPos sitting for a year WILL self-degrade whereas solid-state electronics won’t. Given the current state-of-the-art it’s most likely the battery which has suffered the fault.

True... But LiPos sitting for a year WILL self-degrade whereas solid-state electronics won’t. Given the current state-of-the-art it’s most likely the battery which has suffered the fault

I would tend to agree based on the op's battery sitting without being charged for a year. The same thing happened to me. The battery that I removed when my Phantom crashed last summer would not accept a fresh charge, so it sat half-charged (3 lights) for six months, and it eventually discharged to where it's now completely dead.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT