Doubled my FPV range with a soda can! :-D

Will work great with my fpv setup...

FPVSetup.jpg

:mrgreen: lol

After seeing this, I'm considering going all out with a high powered ABV 5.2% Stella Artois , but it coil be a catch 22, more power but blurred vision ? :?

Can someone link me a web site so i can order an rp-sma to this ?
Is this LHCP ?

inb4 "Randomjohn : your can is now shipped to #insertlocation# ". Enjoy and please report about the new record.

Would bottled beer work, the ales I like only come in bottles! Maybe I have to buy a can of stella and wash it down with some nice ale.

Had to go search for this... I had a similar mod back two years ago for the AR.Drone... went from having a range of about a hundred feet to around 300... I know, I know... that $hit is dorky but it was the bomb for all us toy flyers. :D ... I found out a bit later that all I had to do was lay the antenna over horizontally and went out to 600 feet... :roll:

First 15 seconds shows the monster energy can reflector
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXngyZ4bAoM[/youtube]

LOL my ribs are hurting after reading all the funny comments posted after XL Studios genius idea !! Not to diminish from his "great out of the box thinking", watching the progression of the"wifi extension" topic, reminds me of the same type of progression I watched when I read about the use of a Pringles can for a Yagi antenna!
★★ Awesome job XL★★!!!

PS: some of you guys need to be writing for tv sitcoms-very witty stuff-haven't laughed that hard in a long time! I luv this web-site......
Moose

A great practical and inexpensive idea, but those edges look nasty! Will the instructions cover the necessary replaceable consumables? ... I'm referring to the sticky plasters.... :)

JimM said:
A great practical and inexpensive idea, but those edges look nasty! Will the instructions cover the necessary replaceable consumables? ... I'm referring to the sticky plasters.... :)
Consider it a Beta. The sharp ;-) version will be easy to fit/remove and with No-cut features. :)
Refining aside, it really works!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20