Does anyone here drive an EV or Plug-in Hybrid car?

So, anyway, instead bought an awesome Canadian built '13 Can Am SpYder RS-S.
"It's a gas."

RedHotPoker

Those spyders like to catch fire, be careful! Then again, as an owner, I'm sure you must know that already.

(other readers - google spyder recall or spyder fires)

Or did I just stumble on a back story there to your nicname? Red Hot Poker in a Flame....:confused:

Last edited:
Those spyders like to catch fire, be careful! Then again, as an owner, I'm sure you must know that already.

(other readers - google spyder recall or spyder fires)

Or did I just stumble on a back story there to your nicname? Red Hot Poker in a Flame....:confused:

Ah, a couple few years ago, there was a few cases, yes, but it had to do with the hot exhaust pipes, & how they wound up around the fuel tank.
That's very old news, and long ago fixed. They do get warm though, and wrapping heat tape around the pipes has also helped eliminate that warming sensational situation. But when I rYde my SpYder in the winter, that warm air is a blessing and I love my hotter than Hell Fire and Brimstone SpYder RYde... ;-) it's all good. I drink plenty of water, so if I need to piss my pants when they catch aflame, it will be short lived. Or I shall perish in the blaze of glory. Thanks for your heart felt concern, we truly appreciate the forum love, my Phantom brother...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Motorotor
I only knew about it, because I briefly looked into them as well awhile back.

I too enjoy the wind in my hair...

Moto.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Ah, wasn't he actually asking MDR for his location? As I see the quote above the question? ;-) and no location or he must have just added that too... Hahaha WTF

RedHotPoker
blank stare.png
..Whoops..Hey Steve..
55383565.jpg

**** myself.png

Dirk me boy,
With all due respect, eye test time mr man.
Get you some new glasses and be on the top of this forum food chain.;-)

Sorry No, I don't have any idea what that means, or why.

Ah um but, writing in here is fun...

Wheeeeeeelly~exciting!!

RedHotPoker

I only knew about it, because I briefly looked into them as well awhile back.

I too enjoy the wind in my hair...

View attachment 20942

motorotor,
Hey that's a sweet bike, I love the color and style a lot..
Thanks for sharing the pic. I like the b&w background too.

RedHotPoker

0-60mph in how long? ;-)

Heck Man, I would be there and back already...

But sadly, no where to hang any of my golf clubs... Hahaha

It's a Good thing, that I don't golf then!!

RedHotPoker

Mine goes about 35mph (25 stock) but you can tweak them faster. :eek:
The rear trunk is modular. They had golf club racks, tiny flat beds, etc. that pop on & off with a key.
It is 72 volts vs. 36 volt golf carts. I win golf cart races every time! :D
I keep it at my summer seasonal. I always have to be different. :cool:

Last edited:
That's also a cool looking beach buggy... Will it run on sandy beaches too?
Bring metal detector, shovel, scoop, canisters, brush, and water bottle.

I need something similar, and quiet, that would run on thick grass or snow. It must carry 1medium sized Canadian, wearing a monster fanny pack, my treestand, scent spray, compound bow and arrows, a happy lunch, some binoculars, and one day's worth of refreshments, bottled, canned or fresh squeezed too. Ah, plus a ton of other stuff.
And a deer... Wouldn't leave him behind.

Most of that fits inside the monster fanny lack. Hahaha
I wonder if there Are many other avid bowhunters here?
Do you hunt? Big game I mean. (No ask no tell...)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
I've had a Tesla for about 18 months. Definitely recommend it. Battery warranty for 10 years. Good for commute and well planned road trips within vicinity of Tesla Supercharging stations.

How frequent are the recharge stations,
and how long does it take, to fully charge up, once plugged in?

Thanks.

RedHotPoker

My wife drives an EV, Fiat 500e. We lease it for $97/month, paid $2500 + tax, pov sticker & license (around $49x.00), then got $2500 rebate from the gov.
Very powerful Electric Motor, it runs 90 miles per charge.

Steve, did you ever decide on a hybrid.
We are still going strong here with the Volt. Bought it from a FL dealer, had it shipped to AL, paid almost half off of sticker for it. It was owned by a doctor, who went to a Tesla. Really was a great deal, and the engineering/build quality are excellent !

*count as a fuel efficient vehicle
Not real sure what you are saying but this is a hybrid gas/electric version of a GM truck.
And not for nothing, there is no option to go electric if you are towing like that.

images

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik