does anybody know if a samsung tablet will work on a phantom3

Just go buy the iPAD you're talking yourself into "needing" but don't misinform

**edit*** i see you already did switch to ios Great !

Reactions: AmosMoses
So what setting exactly under security? I have updates turned off. As @AmosMoses said mine started off fine. But not good right now !
Mine initially did the same.....btw I'm on firmware vs 1.1.5 and it started with vs 1.1.0 android app.......Google Play Services is the problem as i stated nothing again NOTHING else was changed in my setup but google updates........thus the culprit.

Just go buy the iPAD you're talking yourself into "needing" but don't misinform
WOW! Thank you so much for the great advice...Apparently you're not reading the posts above? I already did get an iPad and I'm not "misinforming" anyone. I'm not new to this and I'm speaking from having the Tab S and doing all the bullcrap "fixes" that are Band-Aids. FACT: if you don't allow google play services to update you'll have noting but issues. It's a google device and google will force the update. Glad it worked for you.....
You are on an older firmware version?? That might be something of note!

By the way. If anyone here is interested in a bodyguardz glass screen protector and flip case for the Tab S let me know. LOL! I'll cut ya a heck of a deal..;)

Last edited:
WOW! Thank you so much for the great advice...Apparently you're not reading the posts above? I already did get an iPad and I'm not "misinforming" anyone. I'm not new to this and I'm speaking from having the Tab S and doing all the bullcrap "fixes" that are Band-Aids. FACT: if you don't allow google play services to update you'll have noting but issues. It's a google device and google will force the update. Glad it worked for you.....
Wrong and wrong !
I have a Tab S 8.4 and have ONLY used Android devices and run custom roms/kernels etc....i have a pretty clear idea of what you can update or not...even completely remove if wished.....so consider you might not know what YOU were doing. Btw there is a thread about ios devices suffering lag and heat issues....maybe you applied a bandaid to a fracture.

You are on an older firmware version?? That might be something of note!
The 1.2.6 firmware sounds like a nightmare.....but this should make a difference no matter which version. The person i originally saw post this fix was on 1.1.9 i believe and also saw a return to normal streaming.

And yes i suppose that services like gmail and maps will cry to update google play services if you try to run them....and if you use your tablet for google services like that you'll need to update and when you're gonna fly you'll need to rollback....so that may be a deal breaker for some....btw this issue will get fixed by either google or dji.....but as for me my tablet only sees the light of day when my "bird" does.....it serves no other purpose in my life.

Last edited:
And yes i suppose that services like gmail and maps will cry to update google play services if you try to run them....and if you use your tablet for google services like that you'll need to update and when you're gonna fly you'll need to rollback....so that may be a deal breaker for some....btw this issue will get fixed by either google or dji.....but as for me my tablet only sees the light of day when my "bird" does.....it serves no other purpose in my life.
EXACTLY! I use my tablets daily for other things and so does my wife. If you don't allow play services to update the map IN the app will not cash either. All these things are issues for those who use the devices for other things. That was my entire point.

I HATE having an Apple device!! Truly bugs the crap out of me BUT it works! I don't fly when it's stupid hot so I don't suppose the overheating will be a issue and I'll be keeping an eye out to see if google or dji fix this BS and try it again. Until then all this is, is bush league nonsense.

EDIT** Dude, running a custom ROM and older firmware make all your points irrelevant if you fail to mention those important little tidbits!! LOL!!!

Last edited:
EXACTLY! I use my tablets daily for other things and so does my wife. If you don't allow play services to update the map IN the app will not cash either. All these things are issues for those who use the devices for other things. That was my entire point.

I HATE having an Apple device!! Truly bugs the crap out of me BUT it works! I don't fly when it's stupid hot so I don't suppose the overheating will be a issue and I'll be keeping an eye out to see if google or dji fix this BS and try it again. Until then all this is, is bush league nonsense.

EDIT** Dude, running a custom ROM and older firmware make all your points irrelevant if you fail to mention those important little tidbit!! LOL!!!
It takes 1 minute to rollback if you have a "family" tablet but perhaps it's better to shell out money for an apple device which appears to have issues of its own?? Glad you found a solution you can live with......for anyone else counting on their device to work just do the rollback game until a fix surfaces or don't fly at all and blame DJI....or RMA
geez whatever !

EDIT** Dude, running a custom ROM and older firmware make all your points irrelevant if you fail to mention those important little tidbit!! LOL!!!
WRONG.....It proves that while people thought that the firmware was introducing these problems or an overloaded rom with bloat.....it was neither of the 2. It proves the point because I suffered the same issues people who regularly updated faced......IT ONLY PROVES IT.......it's Elementary my dear Watkins

You're RIGHT.....Youre al

LOL!! You are just a peach junior. You know me? Move on and go fly your Phantom. I'm done with your ignorance.
How about you move on ! You don't even have the device in question.....why are you here? Trolling....this fix is working for people who have done it....so I'll just be "ignorant"
You remain omnipotent Old Spice !

Funny too....i was just gonna post how we were having a grown up discussion that would probably get closed by a mod for no reason....and then you resort to the name calling....SMH.
I misjudged your ability to remain calm.

For what its worth and their is little value in this as I did two things at once.

First I rolled it back to KitKat and then I removed the Play Services update. I shut off auto-updates while I was there.

I have no framing issues at this time. Just flew over 4 miles. One thing that remains is when it goes "disconnected" it doesn't always return to ready until I close the app and reopen. But app was no logger lagging. This is something I used to noticed when I went into advanced settings even prior to flying. Now its fine.

This can and may resurface. I will respond back with results.

1082040779.jpeg

Reactions: louforgiveno
For what its worth and their is little value in this as I did two things at once.

First I rolled it back to KitKat and then I removed the Play Services update. I shut off auto-updates while I was there.

I have no framing issues at this time. Just flew over 4 miles. One thing that remains is when it goes "disconnected" it doesn't always return to ready until I close the app and reopen. But app was no logger lagging. This is something I used to noticed when I went into advanced settings even prior to flying. Now its fine.

This can and may resurface. I will respond back with results.
Oh so you're "ignorant" like me too

Time will tell. It started out fine before and just got crappy the next day. So not holding my breath.

But for now it is working.

Oh so you're "ignorant" like me too
Okay....I'm going to respond to you one last time. You really need to focus now. Ready? Your "ignorance" was displayed in your personal attack on me THAT I QUOTED. Period! Now, you can chose to move on or be a child that feels the need to have the last word all the time and continue to try to poke your ignorant comments at me. Grow up a bit and move on.
"Old Spice' That was funny...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik