Do I have a Phantom 1?

Reaction score
Hello everyone from Florence, SC! I recently bought a well used Phantom 1 to learn on but when I watch different videos I'm left wondering what I bought. Every video says turn the drone on...I can't. There isn't a switch. As soon as I hook up the battery the drone powers up and starts warming up. Also I haven't seen it in any video but there is a USB cable in the battery compartment. Its only 3 to4 inches long...but its there. Can anyone please tell me what I have? Thanks in advance, Greg

Reactions: dronesky
Hello everyone from Florence, SC! I recently bought a well used Phantom 1 to learn on but when I watch different videos I'm left wondering what I bought. Every video says turn the drone on...I can't. There isn't a switch. As soon as I hook up the battery the drone powers up and starts warming up. Also I haven't seen it in any video but there is a USB cable in the battery compartment. Its only 3 to4 inches long...but its there. Can anyone please tell me what I have? Thanks in advance, Greg
Without picture or model number it's hard to say what you have Google numbers that you can find on drone one of those should tell you what you have

Thanks for the reply. Here goes...I hope this helps.
DJI Phantom 1 004.jpg
DJI Phantom 1 002.jpg
DJI Phantom 1 003.jpg

The legs like this picture...early phantom 2 ,all others I see got straight landing gear,,what sort of plugs inside,,might not have on switch,,might be plug in and go type ?,,,,,in saying that it could be phantom 1 but the curved legs on the p2 but your battery box is like the p1
Screenshot_20210719-161141_Google.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The legs like this picture...early phantom 2 ,all others I see got straight landing gear,,what sort of plugs inside,,might not have on switch,,might be plug in and go type ?,,,,,in saying that it could be phantom 1 but the curved legs on the p2 but your battery box is like the p1View attachment 122437
Looks like early P2 to me to Ian the props are twist on which my P1 has the nut that keeps props on

It says 1.1.1 it's is a Phantom 1 the original phantom was 330 without self tightening props the 1.1.1 has self tightening props the wider legs are for a gimble with a gopro on it you have a 1.1.1

It says 1.1.1 it's is a Phantom 1 the original phantom was 330 without self tightening props the 1.1.1 has self tightening props the wider legs are for a gimble with a gopro on it you have a 1.1.1
Sweet,,yeh I sorta like the spread leg style, more of a steady footing than others

Thanks for everything guys. I figured the previous owner made some changes and installed the self tightening props. I have the gimbal and camera I just took them off for the photos. I have prop guards and extra tall legs and am looking into FPV with the necessary upgrades. I'm also having a complete ball learning how to fly the Phantom. Can't wait for FPV...I don't want to fly it and further than I can see. Oh, P.S. I'm apologizing now for all the questions I'm going to have. Any of you in or around Florence, SC?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31