DJI's upcoming Wind 1 drone is rain & windproof

Reaction score

Details have surfaced on DJI's new drone, the Wind 1, which is supposedly capable of flying in bad weather (such as high winds and rain). Payloads should be swappable instantly.

Go check it out on Dronewatch (in Dutch, but Google Translate is your friend).

No details yet on DJI's website. The drone is probably up for launch during the IFA conference in Berlin, early September.

Just wondering what cost will be and what features will be incorporated.
Looks cool! I'm In.:cool:

Ok, anyone want to buy one of our Inspire 1's ?
6 batteries, 2 controllers, hard tavel case that allows the inspire to be in landing mode.
Travelled the world with us and was a great companion.
Anyone interested let me know.
Everything I will sell for $2000 - Bargain.

Ok, anyone want to buy one of our Inspire 1's ?
6 batteries, 2 controllers, hard tavel case that allows the inspire to be in landing mode.
Travelled the world with us and was a great companion.
Anyone interested let me know.
Everything I will sell for $2000 - Bargain.
Wow, I'm interested. Not sure what shipping would be PM me or email on model ect.

Wow, I'm interested. Not sure what shipping would be PM me or email on model ect.
Shipping costs from Hong Kong is a good question. My concern is around the 6 batteries. Not sure that can be shipped easily. Send me your email address and we can chat.

10,000 euro = $11,308...

Yeah I'll pass..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Honestly, you may as well buy a real airplane with that money.

It says it will fly in winds up to a force 6. A force 6 is only a strong breeze. It says it can fly in all weathers then says it is "rain resistant" - that's not the same as waterproof.

Early days but I'm not planning on selling my P4 just yet.

10,000 euro = $11,308...

Yeah I'll pass..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I agree, especially since it can't possibly be windproof. Rainproof or waterproof? Yes. Wind resistant? Yes, but not windproof.

It says it will fly in winds up to a force 6. A force 6 is only a strong breeze. It says it can fly in all weathers then says it is "rain resistant" - that's not the same as waterproof.

Early days but I'm not planning on selling my P4 just yet.

No offense but Beaufort level 6 is 25-31 mph and is when small craft warnings are issued. I sail and it is very rough seas at that wind speed and I use my storm sails or sheet in my mainsail and completely furl in the foresail. That said, last week I flew my Phantom 4 at Beaufort 5 okay. But, I wouldn't think of flying it in a level 6 wind. So, this is quite an improvement in performance. However, at that price I can sit it out and wait. Clearly, this is for pro's only at that price.

No offense but Beaufort level 6 is 25-31 mph and is when small craft warnings are issued. I sail and it is very rough seas at that wind speed and I use my storm sails or sheet in my mainsail and completely furl in the foresail. That said, last week I flew my Phantom 4 at Beaufort 5 okay. But, I wouldn't think of flying it in a level 6 wind. So, this is quite an improvement in performance. However, at that price I can sit it out and wait. Clearly, this is for pro's only at that price.

Non taken. I actually was referring to the Beaufort which I looked up. I had no idea about windspeed before that. It is described as 'sways large branches' - I have flown my P4 when the wind was doing that and more and it performed beautifully.

My point was it doesn't sound any better in the wind than a P4. If it is better, it isn't by much.

I thought the P4 was rated for 30mph winds anyway?

Image1.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.