DJI Support

Reaction score
Hello All,

I upgraded from a Vision to a +. I have hours and hours of successful flight time. Tuesday I was out shooting video of a wroking gravel pit. Low battery so I came home shut everything down and swapped batteries. Powered everything up took it up to about 25 feet, checked again for all greens. Ascended to 125' to head back when all the sudden my + tilted sharply to the right and took off on its own. I tried everything to regain control but no luck. Once the bird got out of controller range my screen kept flashing the out of range coming home, but never did.

I went to FMP and the screen showed I was basically standing on top but nothing. We have searched for hours, even waited till dark to see any kind of flashing lights. No luck.

I now start hearing flyaway horror storys, so my question is DJI any help in this case replacing my quad?

Here is a pic of my last known location. We have given up trying to find it. Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20150603_094256[1].jpg
    20150603_094256[1].jpg
    6 MB · Views: 246
Don't stop looking !!! Took me 3 days to find one of mine !!
Hate to hear it took off on ya and wish you good luck !!
And put a tracker on it if ya do find it or your next one...helps sometimes .

Don't stop looking !!! Took me 3 days to find one of mine !!
Hate to hear it took off on ya and wish you good luck !!
And put a tracker on it if ya do find it or your next one...helps sometimes .
Tanks for your words of encouragement. THe terrain makes it nearly impossible. I do have people in the area looking and doing fly overs for me.

Reactions: dirkclod
That really sucks Gramps. It would have been cool if DJI learned to incorporate a tracker in every phantom they built. The P2V+ seems to fly away more than the other models.

It's waiting for you to go get it... follow the line it was flying when you last saw it.

Hello All,

I upgraded from a Vision to a +. I have hours and hours of successful flight time. Tuesday I was out shooting video of a wroking gravel pit. Low battery so I came home shut everything down and swapped batteries. Powered everything up took it up to about 25 feet, checked again for all greens. Ascended to 125' to head back when all the sudden my + tilted sharply to the right and took off on its own. I tried everything to regain control but no luck. Once the bird got out of controller range my screen kept flashing the out of range coming home, but never did.

I went to FMP and the screen showed I was basically standing on top but nothing. We have searched for hours, even waited till dark to see any kind of flashing lights. No luck.

I now start hearing flyaway horror storys, so my question is DJI any help in this case replacing my quad?

Here is a pic of my last known location. We have given up trying to find it. Any input would be appreciated.
Did you have the double set of rapid green flashes before taking off on your second battery? It looks like it did not know where its homepoint is. Keep looking as The Clod says.

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31