DJI sucks in EU, then the light, a story too common

Reaction score
Ok so, I bought on sale a P3SE,I was very excited about it's specs and promised performances and the price I got it.
While waiting for delivery I read about the EC regulations (im in Switzerland), I said to myself it must not be that bad, i mean, if i can manage to get around 600-700m would not be a terrible issue as i'm not really interested in doing range test and pointless feats like that.
Well the drone arrived and everything was set, wow..uhh...really i live in a Swiss mountain village like Heidi's and I couldn't even reach 300 mt without disconnect/RTH!! I was convinced that there was some kind of alien technology buried underground creating interferences or the CERN's experiments going on. I even brought the drone to a secluded valley and did some tests there, nothing...even with eye contact range wasn't even near the promised 500mt of EC.
I was convinced to return the drone and never buy again DJI but then discovered the Fake GPS procedure. As an iphone user i had to borrow my GF's p9 and run the algorithm so well explained around here.

Well let me tell you it was magic, right now im happy to have seen how sucks to be in CE mode and to witness afterwards the true power of this drone. But in any case I wont buy DJI anymore, xiaomi mi 4k or bebop 2 power will be the next in line :D

Reactions: Daz1965
Ok so, I bought on sale a P3SE,I was very excited about it's specs and promised performances and the price I got it.
While waiting for delivery I read about the EC regulations (im in Switzerland), I said to myself it must not be that bad, i mean, if i can manage to get around 600-700m would not be a terrible issue as i'm not really interested in doing range test and pointless feats like that.
Well the drone arrived and everything was set, wow..uhh...really i live in a Swiss mountain village like Heidi's and I couldn't even reach 300 mt without disconnect/RTH!! I was convinced that there was some kind of alien technology buried underground creating interferences or the CERN's experiments going on. I even brought the drone to a secluded valley and did some tests there, nothing...even with eye contact range wasn't even near the promised 500mt of EC.
I was convinced to return the drone and never buy again DJI but then discovered the Fake GPS procedure. As an iphone user i had to borrow my GF's p9 and run the algorithm so well explained around here.

Well let me tell you it was magic, right now im happy to have seen how sucks to be in CE mode and to witness afterwards the true power of this drone. But in any case I wont buy DJI anymore, xiaomi mi 4k or bebop 2 power will be the next in line :D
EU is bad very bad haa haa brexit on my p3s there is a mod i did some time back to the firmware that tells everything im in the fcc zone ie U.S.A now with litchi and a few other mods the p3s can get video and a few more db may be some majic for you out there but you may have to watch some chines videos I did have a bebop 2 first but I did a silly thing rushing and took off on a nearly flat battery watched to drop from the sky never to be found. my best daz

Have you tried the modded app? It makes it use the full signal strength.
Hi antonh is there a moded app for p3s by any chance, I am using a litchi moded app that I just copied over to my fathers note 4 that seems to be working but I am always looking for new apps to try out my best Daz

I don’t think anyone really cares if you buy DJI or a competitor product- not around here anyway, that’s a decision for you and what takes your fancy.

What I feel compelled to say, in the interests of you not limiting your options and experience is to not make your decision based on the P3SE. Newer models are significantly more advanced in most respects, range in CE mode being just one of them.

I don’t think anyone really cares if you buy DJI or a competitor product- not around here anyway, that’s a decision for you and what takes your fancy.

What I feel compelled to say, in the interests of you not limiting your options and experience is to not make your decision based on the P3SE. Newer models are significantly more advanced in most respects, range in CE mode being just one of them.

Yes sure, what I want to point out is the DJI market behaviour that heavily penalizes EC users, if you look at the prices of P3 they still are kinda high, but as many users have experienced and reported the EC mode is simply too weak and unstable to really have some fun for the price you pay, nevertheless I'm very happy with the FCC of the P3SE right now, but I had to spend quite a lot of time figuring out how to switch to EC to FCC that I could have used for other activities :)

Yes sure, what I want to point out is the DJI market behaviour that heavily penalizes EC users, if you look at the prices of P3 they still are kinda high, but as many users have experienced and reported the EC mode is simply too weak and unstable to really have some fun for the price you pay, nevertheless I'm very happy with the FCC of the P3SE right now, but I had to spend quite a lot of time figuring out how to switch to EC to FCC that I could have used for other activities :)
DJI doesn’t have a choice re CE mode, they need to comply with regulations in your country.

As to price- that’s another story. We get hit pretty hard in Australia also.

EU regs as another says determines the power levels - not DJI. Its same for ALL RC gear ...

To modify from CE to FCC is easy on the P3S ,,, P3SE I have no idea .....

There are basically two utilities that do it for you :

Magic Power - needs you to use a PC to flip the settings.

Icarus which uses your Android and stays on that if you wish to change in field etc.

Both can swap your Tx to 27Dbi ....

I preferred Icarus even though I had to buy the utility ... its less than the price of a beer ! ... because of it using the very tablet I used for flights.

Nigel

I just picked up a 2nd hand 3 SE and the guy said he never had issues with range here in NL and he did not use the modded file. I hope it's dry at the weekend so I can go have a play. Have first do a lot of reading so I actually know what I am doing before taking off and crashing into one of the many lakes and rivers around where I live.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20