DJI Phantom 2 GoPro NYC Times Square Crash

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plBiHH1M5Fo

Double-Hand-Piccard.jpg

If a genie granted me 3 wishes, i would now only have 2 left and that phantom would have smashed into the smeg-head that launched it.

That poor pilot! All those buildings and people in the way, just when he experiences his first DJI fly-away.

I count ~8 civilians on the sidewalk just below impact point. Plus too many people too close on takeoff. What a f*cking idiot. Marginal, ham-fisted piloting skills as well.

Kelly

This requires a whole special kind of stupid. Stupid to fly something like this in a location like that, stupid enough to then go and post the video on the internet. This pilot figuratively has broken the stupid-meter.

Yeah this is the type of thing that gives lawmakers ammo to make life very difficult for the people that fly responsibly. So much negative press as this hobby becomes mainstream.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dammit. DON'T fly over crowds of people. DON'T crash like an *** into buildings and DON'T post this crap on YouTube to be used as the reason the FAA and regulators in ALL countries regulate or ban our hobby.

If that plea doesn't resonate with you, this should:

If you hurt or kill someone, your life is over. In the US, when you finally get out of jail for involuntary manslaughter or worse, the personal injury lawyers for the victim or their families will ensure you, your children and your grandchildren never have 2 pennies to rub together as long as you live!

FLY RESPONSIBLY!!

****... there's A LOT of people everywhere... pretty stupid decision to go flying there.

Do you guys have any ideas about what happened though? Why did he lose control? Could it have been because of radio interference?

Imagine that pilot before flying, all cocky with everyone looking at his (or hers, but I'm imagining it's a dude) fancy flying helicopterplane-thingy. Now imagine his shame after crashing. I wouldn't want to be him.

Congratulation! You are the first person to ever receive a negative score on the scale of stupidity.... What a bone head!
Can't imagine why it would crash, there wouldn't be much interference in the middle of Times Square with all those buildings, lights, transformers, several million people using wifi at that particular moment... Duhhh!

Frendel said:
****... there's A LOT of people everywhere... pretty stupid decision to go flying there.

Do you guys have any ideas about what happened though? Why did he lose control? Could it have been because of radio interference?

Imagine that pilot before flying, all cocky with everyone looking at his (or hers, but I'm imagining it's a dude) fancy flying helicopterplane-thingy. Now imagine his shame after crashing. I wouldn't want to be him.

An uneducated guess tells me all those buildings, lights, thousands of transformers for those lights, several million people using wifi at that particular moment & who knows how many cell phone repeaters on those buildings, just might have contributed to the loss of control....

Or he lost orientation and pushed when he should have pulled.

I'm lost for words. There aren't any that describe that level of stupidity.

I'm regretting buying my Phantom now. I've realised it's only a matter of time before they are banned if not completely, to the point where unless you have your own land or you can cordon off an area for filming with police and CAA/FAA approval, they aren't worth owning.
Perhaps dealers should add a Captcha style verification to their checkout page that requires a minimum IQ in order to complete the purchase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers