DJI GS Pro - P3P won't fly mission

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an easy simple easy question for someone experienced with the Ipad's GS PRO. I downloaded it and I started playing with it a little and I found that on ocassion, more often than not, my P3P won't fly the mission and it'll just hover in place. I tried starting a mission from the ground and letting it take off, I tried taking off manually and start (send the data) while the bird was in flight hovering near the starting altitude and the starting waypoint, I tried short flights and long flights... every time I start the mission after the data was transfmitted and I get all greens, it simply won't fly the mission.
Has anyone experienced this issue?
I wouldn't be posting if this issue was consistent as it sometimes does fly a mission but I can't quite figure out what did I do differently for the bird to fly the mission.
Any input is appreciated.

I have the exact same problem with my P4P. For the life of my can't figure out why. Have you ever managed to figure it out?

I was sure hoping someone had found a fix for this :(. After downloading GS Pro last year, I entered a test flight, and it worked just fine.
I then entered a flight path that I wanted to use, and again it worked perfectly. BUT, this year, I've tried to make a new flight path, and it does exactly what you've seen...just takes off and hovers (saying it's on waypoint 0/4).
I've tried to make a course using the map, and I've tried making a course by flying the course and marking the waypoints as I flew...the results have been the same, it just hovers.
My original flight plan still works, so I know it isn't the app; I just can't make a new route (and am afraid to make any modification to my existing route thinking it might stop working!).

Hopefully, someone will come up with a 'fix' soon...meanwhile, I'll keep trying different settings to see if I can get it to work again.

FINALLY! After a lot of back and forth with DJI support, he finally had a suggestion that worked! I can now make and fly new missions.
The 'fix' was very non-obvious, but also very simple - simply set the Speed to Auto!
Here's his 'suggestion':
Dear Steve,
After checking, please try to set the speed as auto, General waypoint settings-> Speed ->auto.

And, today, I successfully flew the mission that would only hover :)

Hello,

I have an easy simple easy question for someone experienced with the Ipad's GS PRO. I downloaded it and I started playing with it a little and I found that on ocassion, more often than not, my P3P won't fly the mission and it'll just hover in place. I tried starting a mission from the ground and letting it take off, I tried taking off manually and start (send the data) while the bird was in flight hovering near the starting altitude and the starting waypoint, I tried short flights and long flights... every time I start the mission after the data was transfmitted and I get all greens, it simply won't fly the mission.
Has anyone experienced this issue?
I wouldn't be posting if this issue was consistent as it sometimes does fly a mission but I can't quite figure out what did I do differently for the bird to fly the mission.
Any input is appreciated.

Finally Fixed it :). In the mission, set the Speed (for all points) to Auto. When I did that, my mission would fly and not just hover :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers