DJI GL300E remote has a beginnermode/geofence bug, is it fixable?

Reaction score
Hi.
I have two Phantom 4 Pro's (got em dirt cheap) and one of them has the Crystalsky 5.5" remote. This remote is somehow bugging out the phantom to think it's in beginner mode when all beginner mode and max flight distances are deactivated. This problem follows the remote, my other P4P has a standard remote with phone holder and both my drones work perfectly with it. Both my drones get the beginner bug when I use the Crystalsky remote.

Any tips how to fix this? I have reinstalled firmware, full reset and formatted everything, nothing helps. I even downgraded and upgraded again.

Reactions: joehalks
Hi.
I have two Phantom 4 Pro's (got em dirt cheap) and one of them has the Crystalsky 5.5" remote. This remote is somehow bugging out the phantom to think it's in beginner mode when all beginner mode and max flight distances are deactivated. This problem follows the remote, my other P4P has a standard remote with phone holder and both my drones work perfectly with it. Both my drones get the beginner bug when I use the Crystalsky remote.

Any tips how to fix this? I have reinstalled firmware, full reset and formatted everything, nothing helps. I even downgraded and upgraded again.
Welcome to the forum.

Just a shot in the dark, but could it be the forced flight restrictions that DJI implemented in 2017? It presents in a similar way as beginner mode and at the time it confused many.

Have you tried logging out of your DJI account and then logging back in?

See the video below. It's not a Phantom, but the concepts are the same:

There are no warnings or errors or nothing, the drone just won't go further than like 30-40 meters. This only happens when I use the Crystalsky remote.

My guess is that because the DJIGo4 app is contained on the RC, it is set to beginner mode. The other RC is using the GO4 app on your phone or tablet and is off.
Go to settings, open the MC settings (touch the icon of the drone at the top, scroll down and I'll bet you find that beginner mode is turned on.

I meant the GO4 app is in the Crystal Sky (My brain went to the Plus controller, but the concept is the same). So you are using two different apps, one on the Crystal Sky, and one on your phone.

I checked that setting several times, it's turned off. I talked to a drone repair dude and he said it's a weird bug in the motherboard most likely...

Is it possible to reinstall or upgrade or downgrade the DJI GO4 app on the Crystal Sky? Or maybe a reset to factory settings?

SOLVED: I downloaded this version of GO4 and it works now. Found this on another thread in here for another problem.

The password is help100

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20