DJI for a newbie?

I started with a Syma X8C ($157 w/two extra batteries) and as said above, DON'T try learning to fly if it's windy!!!
Start with as little wind as possible because they do "nothing on it's own" to correct for wind OR Altitude...
Also keep it up-wind of you because I LOST my first X8C when I let it get too far down-wind of me (15+mph wind) to the point where I couldn't tell which way I was flying it = bye-bye :(
With that said...
The P3s (I have Std.) is un-real EASY to fly IMO simply because, any time you take your hands off of the controls it STOPS where it is and Hovers there until you move the controls again... You simply push the right stick forward and watch what direction it goes and if it isn't going the direction you want then Stop (thumbs off of controls), rotate it some then push forward again until you get used to rotate it while going forward to fly where you want to go...
Ouch! just bought a Syma X8HC for my grandson for $79. The 'H' model adds altitude control so it is essentially flying in atti mode. still subject to the winds, but pretty easy to fly.

Ouch! just bought a Syma X8HC for my grandson for $79. The 'H' model adds altitude control so it is essentially flying in atti mode. still subject to the winds, but pretty easy to fly.
The good news is, I now have 1-X8C with 2-radios, 2-chargers and 5-batteries...lol... Will probably SELL it but think I'll take it out for some flights again before I make that decision...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures