DJI did the correct thing

Reaction score
Purchased an used Phantom 4 and found out the controller was not fully charging. After some searching found several threads about this being an manufacturing defect and that others had their controller replaced for free out of warranty, After doing a chat with support I was lead to believe they would do the same for me. Sent the controller in for repair and was expecting either an no cost replacement or an quote for about $200-300. They are replacing the controller for about $70. I am pleased.... Thanks DJI!

I suffered the same issue for two years having discovered my P4 controller would not hold a charge. Followed the reflow videos on YT three times only to have the same issue return after sitting dormant for several months.
I finally broke down and sent my P4 to the DJI repair depot near Toronto where they advised they could not conduct a repair due to not having the parts required and they forwarded it to a depot in the USA. I paid for the shipping, $50 CDA, received a note from the US depot that the repair was complete and received a new controller, different serial number etc, which has worked perfectly!!
There was no indication they were replacing my original with a new one, they just did.
Happy I took the plunge and sent it in!

I suffered the same issue for two years having discovered my P4 controller would not hold a charge. Followed the reflow videos on YT three times only to have the same issue return after sitting dormant for several months.
I finally broke down and sent my P4 to the DJI repair depot near Toronto where they advised they could not conduct a repair due to not having the parts required and they forwarded it to a depot in the USA. I paid for the shipping, $50 CDA, received a note from the US depot that the repair was complete and received a new controller, different serial number etc, which has worked perfectly!!
There was no indication they were replacing my original with a new one, they just did.
Happy I took the plunge and sent it in!
I did the same repair which worked for a bit but would only last 4 flights. I also broke down and sent my RC to DJI and got a new one in return for $90

Reactions: peegee5344
I did the reflow. I bought the reflow unit for about 79.00 on Amazon. It worked and I hope to use the unit in the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.