DJI app is overrated

Reaction score
I glad that I don't have to bet on my life with DJI or it's apps because if I did I would be dead or broke by now. I have a galaxy 7,8 and the 9+ and the the supposed only way you can fly the p3s is with that app well first I'm going to tell you you don't need an app that is not compatible with the latest Tech out there. i fly that piece of junk just fine by modding the 3 axis gimbal from the Hubsan X4 109 pro that the wiring is exactly the same (just cut the connector of the ends of both gimbals and in the exact same order push the wires from the hubsan into the connector for the p3s plug it in powers the gimbal) use a gopro style camera and the app that it comes with and you have real time video relay, How needs telemetry you are required to maintain line of sight per FAA 107/336 regs anyway and if your worried about battery life I believe that's the reason behind the remote beeping and the LED's on the bird changing color never mind the idiot lights on the battery. So until DJI steps up to the plate and fixes the compatibility issue or joins the the ranks of Hubsan or my favorite Yuneec Q500 and my new Typhoon h that comes with LCD screens built in their transmitters i will only use this overpriced overrated piece of............. just to train new part 107 students so learn line of sight flight

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181103-212807_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20181103-212807_Settings.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 1,665
I glad that I don't have to bet on my life with DJI or it's apps because if I did I would be dead or broke by now. I have a galaxy 7,8 and the 9+ and the the supposed only way you can fly the p3s is with that app well first I'm going to tell you you don't need an app that is not compatible with the latest Tech out there.
It's hard to tell what you are complaining about but it's probably that you haven't configured your phone/tablet properly to use it with the app (Samsungs sometimes need a little tweaking).
The app is a great flying program and it's hard to find anything about it to complain of.

Reviewing this might help you:
Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide) - Phantom Help

Meta4........I have been wanting to see that file for the improving of the Android Tablets again and Thanks to You here it is...Now i have saved that link in my Dji Goodys folder so A BIG THANK YOU Meta4.

Reactions: Uavenue
I glad that I don't have to bet on my life with DJI or it's apps because if I did I would be dead or broke by now. I have a galaxy 7,8 and the 9+ and the the supposed only way you can fly the p3s is with that app well first I'm going to tell you you don't need an app that is not compatible with the latest Tech out there. i fly that piece of junk just fine by modding the 3 axis gimbal from the Hubsan X4 109 pro that the wiring is exactly the same (just cut the connector of the ends of both gimbals and in the exact same order push the wires from the hubsan into the connector for the p3s plug it in powers the gimbal) use a gopro style camera and the app that it comes with and you have real time video relay, How needs telemetry you are required to maintain line of sight per FAA 107/336 regs anyway and if your worried about battery life I believe that's the reason behind the remote beeping and the LED's on the bird changing color never mind the idiot lights on the battery. So until DJI steps up to the plate and fixes the compatibility issue or joins the the ranks of Hubsan or my favorite Yuneec Q500 and my new Typhoon h that comes with LCD screens built in their transmitters i will only use this overpriced overrated piece of............. just to train new part 107 students so learn line of sight flight

Easy for you to say! :)

I don't think GO is 'overrated' at all... if it had a handful of features that Litchi has it'd be perfect.

the supposed only way you can fly the p3s is with that app

I actually comprehended that part but, sorry, that's not so.

I love dji go, I use samsung S6 and Huawei m3. Works perfectly. I also use Litchi. I am thinking something went wrong in your setup. Glad you got it working. Thank you for your service.

Thank you for the thanks . But the short of the whole thing is I have 3 3p3s's that each 1 has a rooted nodata service dedicated AQT80 from Sprint and none them can connect with the app. I Have followed all the suggestions submitted and most of them were already established . I still have the issue . I can not link the tablets with the bird or the radio See the attachment for error code .

I guess that's why my Q500 and H Typhoon on front line besides they come with built in LCD no added extra hassle .Suggestions .

Attachments

• Blank CQ.pdf
    520 KB · Views: 1,845
  • Screenshot_20181103-212807_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20181103-212807_Settings.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 1,173
But the short of the whole thing is I have 3 3p3s's that each 1 has a rooted nodata service dedicated AQT80 from Sprint and none them can connect with the app.
Even if you did connect (I don't know why you can't), those tablets are cheap bare-bones models from 2015 with only 1GB of RAM and they aren't going to be able to run the app properly.
The DJI Go app is quite demanding of resources and is going to give a disappointing performance on sub-standard equipment.

Reactions: PJC5301
My Drones are all brand new, I also purchased 'Care Refresh' for them. If you fly with a 3rd party app, they won't replace your drone. End of story. So I dont fly with a 3rd party app.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I have flown P4P's, Mavic Air's and now a Mavic 2 Pro. The DJI Go 4 app has worked great for many years now with no issues. Given the number of DJI pilots out there using DJI's native app, you would have to guess that there are relatively few issues with their software. That's the reason for DJI's success. Most issues have been operator error or improper software upgrading processes where ALL interacting software/firmware is at the tested level. However ... my use is for still image and video photography. Those doing mapping or other commercial applications might be better served by other apps with more of a niche focus.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl