Dbs just so much better than fpvlr.

What free stuff ?
My name is Yulian, btw, I am PuertoRican, not Italian like Tony, and I build antennas at Tony's shop. Should I be banned from here because of the company I work at?
Only if you keep on :)

I know you don't but I see a lot of biased info. You went 9 + miles with FPVLR and you think the average user would need more than that? I mean I am asking from a purely commercial aspect. The average user would be hard pressed to go more than 5 miles... so wouldn't the antenna coverage be better put to use with wider beamwidth and easier aiming at more obtainable distances by people with non battery mods, rather than having a very narrow beamwidth for the few who want to go 10+ miles, and still the 10+ miles can be done comfortably not even over water with the FPVLR boosted kit... I mean it seems to me a bit biased, not by you but by the poster of this thread who probably has a broken antenna on rc side since it's known RC side is more powerful then the video side of the link.... and he's losing rc...

Understood. I think each "customer" has their own philosophy of use so they need to think about what they are trying to accomplish. With that, if someone just wants to fly around urban areas and get further than 1,000ft, either antenna will work. If someone wants to fly out a couple miles in a suburban area both will work. But what if you want to dip down to 100ft from 2-3miles out in suburban area? I think one antenna might do better than the other. As for us who are in the 90+% pushing the limits of everything, we are all in the same boat and we buy/test whatever we can and see what works best. I have paid for everything I own. Never a handout. I'm part of nobody's team or bought by anyone. I know once you accept a handout, you're going to feel obligated to that company. I'm not here to promote or make money. It's purely a hobby for me.

well a small company that tries to grow and has no budget to send free stuff and no big budget for advertising, will do as it takes, will do what works to get the word out.
You are not the only one with large distances with FPVLR, in fact if you type FPVLR in youtube search you get like 7 or 8 pages worth of videos and happy customers.
I understand Tony may be losing some business because of the "new rage" in antennas going on right now. And you're right, maybe some people should look at FPVLR. It might be right for them. I didn't even know Tony was banned from the site. I wish him the best and like I said, no bad blood from my end. At the time when I was looking for an antenna mod, I decided on FPVLRv2 and it served me well. For me, I am pushing the limits and I don't care about lugging around a huge panel. I have other RCs for when I don't want to use the Maxxrange.

My name is Yulian, btw, I am PuertoRican, not Italian like Tony, and I build antennas at Tony's shop. Should I be banned from here because of the company I work at?
I am unfamiliar with the "free stuff" you say DBS is handing out... where do I get in line?

I will also address your comments on Tony. He is banned from here due to his attitude & arrogance he displayed here time & time again. He make a good antenna but he needs to hire a PR guy because he is not it. He also had people sign up with shill accounts to push his product with fake people and stories. He buried himself.

As far as your account goes RangeKicker, you will not be banned if you follow the rules. Since you already told us you are an employee I will let you know right now that you should avoid the topic of antennas while you're here. That should not be a problem if you only came here for the hobby of flying Phantoms. If you joined to promote or defend FPVLR or if you post about FPVLR in this or any other thread I will consider it spam. The same way I would if Itelite was here pushing their product. So unless you plan on becoming a paid sponsor here, not one more word about FPVLR. Are we clear?

moderator-cats-cute.gif

Thread cleaned. Lets stay on topic please.

RangeKicker, if you would like to continue this please PM me. Thanks.

I finally got to do some testing myself today. I have Tony's boosted kit, REXauv kit with silver leash and Sunhans boosters and a regular DBS02 (not the MAXX). I tried different combinations and had the best with the FPVLR antenna and the Sunhans boosters. I started having video drops at 12,800' and at 13,500' I was told to head back or risk a dead battery. I still had good RC bars and my video never did completely drop out. Same route with FPVLR boosters instead had video flicker at 10,400' and lost connection RTH at 12,900'. I had several video drops and disconnects on the return flight. Next I put the silver leash on the FPV boosters. not sure what went wrong but I started dropping video at a few hundred feet. Never could get things to work. I switched to the Sunhans boosters and went 6,200' to flicker and 7,800' to RTH. Next I hooked the DBS to the SH boosters. Never could get a good video feed and gave up after a hundred feet or so. The only one I tried without boosters is the FPVLR and I made it just about as far as I did with the boosted silver leash. When I got back I noticed one of my prop mounts was starting to get loose so I packed up and came home. At least for now I'm going to settle on the Sunhans boosters, FPVLR antenna, the DBS antenna mount and the REXauv battery holder. All this testing was from one of my hilltops that is fairly open tree-wise. I was a little surprised that the silver did as poor as it did. From my usual flying spot, which is a couple hundred feet+ lower in elevation and much thicker woods, the silver and the FPV are much closer with the FPVLR always winning by 3~400'. Typical flicker happens around 3200-3500 and RTH at just under 4000'.

I like the FPVLR. I like the color scheme of the Tough Leash with the black base and blue coil racks better but I'd rather look at my woods, so Tony's wins. Now if I could just get him to un-ban me on FB like he said he would nearly a week ago and get some instructions on how to install my bird side video booster I'd be all set.

Reactions: RangeKicker
Location location location, I already fly past 16000 feet at 350 elevation with windsurfers here. With my DBS02 maxx witch should be here early next week, the limit will be the battery + pucker factor. The biggest variable is where we fly and sometimes we are comparing apples to monkeys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers