Day 1: P3 doesn't register in wi-fi list

Reaction score
New P3 arrived today. Booted up bird and controller, but it doesn't show up in wifi list on iphone6 or ipad. Checked multiple phones. Nada. Called tech support Friday afternoon, and they said all techs were gone for the weekend.

Anybody have any ideas for troubleshooting. Hard reset? (I also have a P2V+ so I know what to expect.)

With the P3, the controller is designed to be hard wired to your iPad. The P3 and or the controller do not broadcast a WiFi signal like the Parrot quads or the P2 V+

Last edited:
Plug the USB cable from your controller to your ipad, then turn on pilot app and your are good to go. Phantom 3 uses lightbridge but not WiFi video signal like P2V+

It's in the manual... But you need to plug in your device to the RC using the supplied USB cable.

I would suggest you read through the manual before you fly. There is good information in there.

You can't possibly expect to operate the P3 successfully long term unless you have read and studied he manual. All the answers are not there, but it is a good starting point. Even the experts will tell you to read and study the manual first before you ever attempt to fly.. Unfortunately, for some, they will lose there copter just because they don't know what a blinking light means or how to get out of an error that has unintended consequences, like crashing.

Reactions: Trumple

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.