CyPhy gets $7M to build MultiRotors

Ksc

Reaction score
solar? there is a company locally to me that builds all kinds of unmanned vehicles for the government. They have these awesome ATVs with machine guns and shotguns attached that they can control from an iPad. I've never seen them fly it but they have a massive quadcopter with a 20 hour battery life used for city monitoring. It has a bunch of HD cameras and thermals and they can fly it above a city event and cover the entire area. Would have been helpful over the boston marathon to be able to rewind the footage. In a way it is slightly ironic that laws are being talked about for civilian flyers when the government is the one flying and spying.

Hydrogen powered rotary engine!

Really, a rotary engine??? Google liquid piston X2.

Send your bird up high enough you'll find all the hydrogen that's floating on top of the other heavier gasses, capture enough of this, attached to a highly efficient engine that can also supply electricity and bobs your uncle . . .

I once had an electronics engineer bragging to me about how his latest system was able to get a full sized drone from Australia to the UK on 6L of Aviation-Gas. Shows just how much fuel is needed for these things!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl