Cumberland Lake - Mill Springs Falls, almost lost my Phantom

Reaction score
Went to Cumberland Lake yesterday with my brother as he wanted to get his boat out of storage and run it on the lake for a few hours. I thought it would be great because of all the rain we have had lately and all the lakes/rivers/creeks being extremely high I could get some great video.
I didn't expect the lake to be over ran with logs, sticks, tires and trash. This lake is normally very clean with clear water - it was very polluted as you will see.

We stopped at Mill Springs falls so I could get some video but we couldn't get to close because of the debris. Feel free to watch the whole video but look how close I came to losing my phantom at about the 2:50 mark. Because of the cliffs and trees, I dropped down to 3 satellites and the phantom starting moving around A LOT. I couldn't see it and was only going by the remote video. When I saw the tree branch on my phone I started shaking and just knew I was going for a swim to get my phantom. I was so lucky... Needless to say I put the phantom in the case and called it a day.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Brandon
Wow. You must have eyes in the back of your head ... ummm ... Phantom?
Some of the flukiest flying I've seen. Very lucky.

Reactions: claws
Holy Crap!!! The was amazing........amazingly close to that branch. Great soundtrack :) Thanks for posting this one. It was worth the risk, you captured some beautiful scenery. I look forward to seeing more of your videos. Thanks.

wow! can't believe it backed out thru that tree..
are you in naza mode? when you dropped satellites you
were in Atti mode, and that may have been what was giving you
problems. if you haven't practiced flying in atti mode i think
it's about time!
thanks for the cool video of the falls. i chickened out on a larger
water fall last weekend because of fears of losing sat count, or
LOS and didn't want to watch my phantom crash down into the
raging water below.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members