CT phantom owners Check in here.. Meets/tech support/ events

Yes modded myself..first with ARGTek and didn't get great results so I just did the DBS ITElite but haven't been able to test since we had that crazy weather. I have a problem with leaving things stock lol..doesnt matter what it is I just really enjoy messing with stuff. The antenna mods are super easy. Did you do any of the mods on the Phantom or Inspire?

I can't , 5 years ago I had a stroke, my left side damaged. I had been gaining some control over my left hand and left leg in the past 2 and half years, mostly the left arm and hand(thanks to Phantom 2 V and V+)using it to control the left stick. So I won't dare to destroy my P3 & I1 controllers. Actually I just sent in my I1 controller to Freddy to do a mod.

What time are you going to be there till? My daughter had softball practice this morning. Would still like to come out. If not hope we can plan a day in the future.

We could cross promote on other sites like yuneec pilot's to get more flyers out.

Thanks. Hope to see everybody tomorrow at Haddam State Park.
How was it? Pretty windy earlier. Hopefully we can all gather when weather gets better and a place a little closer...a 30min drive I can do!

Thanks. Hope to see everybody tomorrow at Haddam State Park.
Did you make it out there Art? Did others end up showing? I was unable due to all the family stuff going on. I need to book some time like weeks out. Haha. This weekend I will be in NYC for a 1/2 Marathon my wife is running. I'd love to try and fly but I know I will get mad crap!

New owner here in NW Ct.. Used a Syma X8C to get used to flying, now upgraded to P3S.
I'm also a semi-pro photographer.
I've only had a few flights due to rain and wind. (and one crash)
Still using to Syma to practice, though.

Reactions: Stinch
New owner here in NW Ct.. Used a Syma X8C to get used to flying, now upgraded to P3S.
Sweet!!! The phantom is a big change going from the syma...any mod plans yet?!?!..what town you in?..im in canterbury

Have fun with it!! Hopefully we get nice weather this weekend..i'm getting some go far parts in on friday and am hoping to do a distance flight

Welcome! I'm in Brookfield and fly a P3A and a Syma X8G as well (as well as other toy grades). I moved up in the toy grade world to the X8 to quench my Phantom thirst, but it had the opposite effect and I ended up wanting one even more. Ah well!
Looks like Saturday should be a good day to fly, hopefully I can get out and do some.

Central CT here. Not too much flight time yet. Thinking about an Autopilot mission over a local pond this weekend. Hoping to get enough practice to take some good shots in Lake George this summer.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Had a few short flights yesterday, not recording, but just practicing flying. I was trying out my RTH, from 1000 ft away and 200' altitude, and then the Turkey Hawks came. These huge birds are generally all over about an hour or two before sunset, and apparantley they didn'y like me invading their airspace. My RTH is set for 100', and they followed the descent, and started circling. So I bailed out of the mode and made a quick descent home. They hung around for a few minuted and then left. Hate to think what would have happened if the P3 got tangled up in one of them.

Reactions: jlazz447
Had a few short flights yesterday, not recording, but just practicing flying. I was trying out my RTH, from 1000 ft away and 200' altitude, and then the Turkey Hawks came. These huge birds are generally all over about an hour or two before sunset, and apparantley they didn'y like me invading their airspace. My RTH is set for 100', and they followed the descent, and started circling. So I bailed out of the mode and made a quick descent home. They hung around for a few minuted and then left. Hate to think what would have happened if the P3 got tangled up in one of them.
I've had them swoop around mine as well. Always makes me nervous after seeing the video of the hawk attack a phantom online and sending it downward to its death, the Phantom that is. The bird was fine!

Hey Art was that the day you did the meet?

Nice article Art!

Hello fellas, I am new to this forum and also new to owning a P3 Standard. I've piloted small drones and I finally moved to a more serious aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik