Crystalsky doubts

Reaction score
I have been looking at obtaining a Crystalsky monitor but wish to ask why the 7.65 is no longer available and only the 5.5. Is there a major problem with this. Also is the screen touch sensitive? How tough is it? And should it crack is it still usable and if not can a screen be replaced? Thanks in anticipation.

I have the build in screen at P4P+. With such a bright screen you have no longer a problem with the visibility during bright day.
I too wander why DJI sells only this small 5.5' screens and why not 7.6'. I don't think that this would be a problem but they don't. Probably they keep it for Inspires.
Yes it is touch screen normally sensitive - as phone.
Nobody can say how will screen work after crack - depends on the electronics under the screen or how badly it is broken.
Everything can be replaced but I'm not sure what do you mean by 'replaced'.

Reactions: Recoveryone
I just received my 5.5 CS, the screen is touch pad and it is built with a little bit of toughness, still plastic but not cheap. DJI has the 7" back in stock, but I found one on another site. If you are use to using a phone as your monitor the 5.5 will work great, but if you are like me and use 10" tablets or goggles you will think the 5.5 size is bit small. today is a rare day in So Cal (cloudy), so I will hold off on a full review. Just like others, my interest in the CS is the bright screen in daylight conditions and future use with a ground station command center (Hdmi out).
As far as a damage screen, I would put it in the same category as with any other smart phone out today, It will depend how bad the screen is cracked if it will still work. The repair part is something you would have to take up with DJI.

I now have both the 5" and 7" CS, I am very impressed with the display. In the past I have used my Andriod phone (Samsung note edge) Tablets (Lenovo tab 4 10 & Apple Air) the only thing that has made me feel confident while flying are the Epson bt300 glasses. All of my previous devices either had FPV issues or did not do well enough in daylight for my aging eyes. The CS fixed all of those issues for me, as the screen is very bright and clear, even the 5" is detail enough for me to make out all of the information on the screen. I use the CS with my Phantoms and I plan to still use the Epson bt 300's with my Mavic's, The amount of depth I get visually from the Bt 300 is hard to beat, but the CS are 2nd best option so far. I like to fly close to the ground and the need to have a very clear picture is essential along with low lag rate. Nothing worse than flying in a critical movement and get a FPV signal lost or delay. For those that have complained about losing or not having the mini map work while using the CS, I did the latest safe fly (geofencing update) download will get the mini map working. I understand the mentally "if it broke don't fix it", but I guess DJI uses this to make sure you are up to date on the latest geofencing. The 7" one I brought used from Adorama, came with 2 batteries and the Litchi app installed already. Hopefully by next spring (tax money) I will be able to buy the firehouse Station command center to complete my S&R package along with other application that I can do full scale live demo's for clients.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.