Critical voltage warning

Reaction score
Wow it was a close call today. I usually fully charge my batteries before flying, but today I did not. I had 3 bars on my battery and about 60% battery life showing on the DJI go app. After my calibration I went up about 150 ft for a view of the neighborhood then suddenly I got the warning of critical low voltage and I immediately started lowering her home. Is this common and the reason seasoned flier will charge there batteries before each flight?

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wow it was a close call today. I usually fully charge my batteries before flying, but today I did not. I had 3 bars on my battery and about 60% battery life showing on the DJI go app. After my calibration I went up about 150 ft for a view of the neighborhood then suddenly I got the warning of critical low voltage and I immediately started lowering her home. Is this common and the reason seasoned flier will charge there batteries before each flight?

What you saw is a _guess_ at a battery not being tasked. First, you should be displaying the voltage in the app and watching that. Second, only once the battery is under demand do you see the true voltage.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app
I just had the same situation and was over a river. Luckily got it down ok. Will always have all batteries fully charged. Never use to have this happen. Use to fly with half charged batts a lot. Must be new fw upgrade?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic