Critical battery gate low warning signs

Reaction score
Hello guys, I have been flying phantoms for about 2.5 years now, this is my 3rd bird. Its the P3A. Love it.

being on this forum is making me paranoid about the critical battery low issue. There is a thread about it at least once a week. sucks DJI is turning the blind eye to this and we have to deal with it after paying all this good money.

Today I was flying using the FPV app available on the app store Battery was FULLY CHARGED. I was using my VR goggle. amazing experience and the app is well designed I highly recommend it. Right when I took off I got a "Battery cell low message". I quickly landed it and loaded up the DJI GO app. The battery cells all appeared to be full and evenly leveled. So I flew around the neighborhood for about 10 min while displaying the battery voltage on my main page. I noticed that one of the cells would go orange/yellow and read 0.sv slightly lower than the others.

is this a potential critical battery low error wating to happen? This battery barely has maybe 10 cycles on it. The rest of the flight was okay but I landed it at 55% to prevent any crashes.

what do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_3597.PNG
    IMG_3597.PNG
    256.9 KB · Views: 347
Hello guys, I have been flying phantoms for about 2.5 years now, this is my 3rd bird. Its the P3A. Love it.

being on this forum is making me paranoid about the critical battery low issue. There is a thread about it at least once a week. sucks DJI is turning the blind eye to this and we have to deal with it after paying all this good money.

Today I was flying using the FPV app available on the app store Battery was FULLY CHARGED. I was using my VR goggle. amazing experience and the app is well designed I highly recommend it. Right when I took off I got a "Battery cell low message". I quickly landed it and loaded up the DJI GO app. The battery cells all appeared to be full and evenly leveled. So I flew around the neighborhood for about 10 min while displaying the battery voltage on my main page. I noticed that one of the cells would go orange/yellow and read 0.sv slightly lower than the others.

is this a potential critical battery low error wating to happen? This battery barely has maybe 10 cycles on it. The rest of the flight was okay but I landed it at 55% to prevent any crashes.

what do you guys think?

It looks fine 3.61 and 3.63 volt difference. Those are pretty close values, if they were further apart I would be concerned. I never fly below 3.3 I bring it in before I get that low.
Also be sure you are taking off with a fully charged battery, people are having issues with taking off at 50% or so, I don't risk it and discharge your battery to 8% after about 20 cycle charges by the just leaving the phantom on until it gets to 8%, I believe this helps level out the cells, I now have over 90 charges on mine and still have 98% battery life left.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20