Crashed Phantom 3 - Any hope of survival?

Reaction score
My father and i just got a Phantom 3 a while ago, but just the other day my dad had accidentally crashed it. he clipped some power lines or something while he was out flying it around. The drone itself looks like it's fine and everything, but we are getting almost no power to anything now.

The crash had messed up the camera gimble, which we fixed. It also broke the camera stabilization plate, but we ordered a new one of those and got it put on. We powered it up and the camera gimble did nothing, no movement at all. BUT all the lights on the drone itself worked, it beeped, and it all looked fine except the camera. We powered it off, looked around at it, and one of the wires coming from the drone, into the camera mount, had came loose (the grey "wire" that has 6-8 wires all bound together), so i pushed on them for a second and the camera lit up and spun around! it scared me and i pulled away and it died again, so the wires were a loose connection for sure.
I then took the wires all out of the small white connector, and put them all in one by one, in the correct slots, in the correct position. but now, when we power the drone up, NOTHING happens. no beeping, the only light that lights up is the red LED for the controller connection indication.

At this point, we're at a loss on it. Just looking for some insight. We spoke to a drone repair place in CA, but they want well over $100, plus part cost, plus shipping costs.. then the waiting. we could order a brand new drone itself for the price of all of it said and done, or at least close to it.

Anyone have any smarts with fixes or anything on these? if needed, i can record a video of it powering up and show you exactly what's wrong if needed. i tried to explain it as best as i could. thanks for any help or insight on it!

If I were you, I would replace the cables and try again, but don't try to insert the wires one-by-one into the connector yourself. You can order a replacement cable set on DJI's site. Problem is, that you could short something out by fooling with the individual wires on the cable. Once they've disconnected from the connector, time to replace it. But I would not power it on and try fooling with the cable while it's powered on. If you replace the cables (you'll want a right-angle tweezer to help unlock each connector to remove it) yourself, that will be the cheapest way to see then if there's any more damage. If the drone truly did strike a power cable, who knows was is / isn't fried on those circuit boards. But at least you'll know everything is connected properly and start to track down the source of the problem(s) in the least expensive way possible. I'm not sure how to test each board, but that would be the next step after replacing the cables in my view.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4