Crashed during fireworks, d'oh!

Reaction score
So I can finally admit that I've had my first crash. I hit a tree branch across the cul-de-sac while trying to film fireworks in the foreground and us in the background. It hit, stopped suddenly, seemed to get hung up in a branch and then fell, catching a branch on the way down. I ran over and the battery had popped out, it looked OK except for some grass at the base of a motor.

I turned it back on, took a bit to recalibrate and then said GTG. I took off and it flew just fine. WHEW!

Lesson learned... minimal beer and stay focused!

You should do a quick public pilot safety video, call it:

Don't Drink & Drone!!

That could have cost you, so much more, than your pride. ;-)

RedHotPoker

So I can finally admit that I've had my first crash. I hit a tree branch across the cul-de-sac while trying to film fireworks in the foreground and us in the background. It hit, stopped suddenly, seemed to get hung up in a branch and then fell, catching a branch on the way down. I ran over and the battery had popped out, it looked OK except for some grass at the base of a motor.

I turned it back on, took a bit to recalibrate and then said GTG. I took off and it flew just fine. WHEW!

Lesson learned... minimal beer and stay focused!
Are you sure you were in the background and the fireworks in the foreground? or was it the inverse? or the beer that messed you up? ;)

Reactions: hoosierdoc
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
hope you like this ^^

Weird... I was shooting some fire works the other night and there was someone else in the air and all the sudden the other one just fell out of the sky. Tho about 5 mins later I seen it take back off again and was back in the air.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic