Crack

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Can't fly due to wind so checking and find this,the blue dot where crack stop,,never hit nothing with the back so that strange,batt still lock good,
How to stop,best option drill small hole or glue or new shell
Screenshot_20181118-135457.jpg

If it's under warranty, contact DJI. Don't mess with it.

If it's out of warranty, drill the hole and and glue it. Watch it closely and fly on. I had the same crack on my P4 and I glued it. Never had any battery problems. Yea, the one that the props flew off and crashed. LOL Well, DJI was prompt to send me a faulty replacement. That one had an intermittent battery error. It's still in the bottom of Black water canyon. I haven't dropped the case yet.

If it's under warranty, contact DJI. Don't mess with it.

If it's out of warranty, drill the hole and and glue it. Watch it closely and fly on. I had the same crack on my P4 and I glued it. Never had any battery problems. Yea, the one that the props flew off and crashed. LOL Well, DJI was prompt to send me a faulty replacement. That one had an intermittent battery error. It's still in the bottom of Black water canyon. I haven't dropped the case yet.
Yeh long out of warranty,out with the drill soon
1542507830026-918368395.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have any smaller drill bits? LOL
Read the old posts about good ways to glue. Best of luck!
See if you can't glue some from the back.
Yip me kiwi,,it was already in da drill so I use it,lucky it not a 10mm+ drill bit or I have big hole,,aahhh it's all good it will help let some :):)heat out

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Can't fly due to wind so checking and find this,the blue dot where crack stop,,never hit nothing with the back so that strange,batt still lock good,
How to stop,best option drill small hole or glue or new shell
The best solution is a shell transplant.

A few weeks ago as I turned my Phantom around to hand-catch, I noticed the battery was not properly latched and there was a big gap below the battery.
Closer examination revealed the cause was a big crack.
i-FNw4FsW-M.jpg

The drone was sent away the next day to get the shell replaced.
Your battery security is not something you want to mess with.

Wow that looks like how mine was heading,,I did have shell but gave away last year,,oh well that better be in my xmas stocking,,,thanks for pic

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Not the same location but I also notice a crack on the body of the drone last week

Attachments

• 45F24894-FE59-4DF5-89A4-4A0A1A33D621.jpeg
    45F24894-FE59-4DF5-89A4-4A0A1A33D621.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 305
That looks like a bad crack, Julie. If it's under warranty I'd send it back. If it's not under warranty, I would open it up and glue the back side of it to reinforce it.

That looks like a bad crack, Julie. If it's under warranty I'd send it back. If it's not under warranty, I would open it up and glue the back side of it to reinforce it.
Hello Rootman yes at the beginning I tought it was nothing but When I install new props on the P4P pro it start to shake see the video of the bird
\

So I send it back !!

They decided to replace the drone instead of fixing it and they did not mention what the problem was, they just ship a new drone with a new serial number.

I had pretty much the same crack on my P4 over one year ago. My first attempt to fix was a capillary type Locktite 420 glue (5cp) like water that did not hold very long just a couple of flights, then I glued with Locktite 414 (110cp) more like syrup, I made a very small bead of glue over the full length of the crack and about 2mm wide, I gently spreaded the crack to permit glue to get it then mated it tight and flush, I did not wipe off the bead that remained on top of the crack. Over a year now and it's still holding.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1