Covering 1Km in ATT mode full speed vs same distance flying slowly

Reaction score
Will flying slowly consume less power for the same distance? If this were a car the answer would be yes. But combustion engines are super inefficient. Conversely, I’ve often read that running for one mile vs walking for one mile consumes nearly the same amount of calories. It’s just that walking would take you a lot longer time to cover a mile vs running.

So what is the Phantom like? A car or a human? I know that going faster creates more drag so faster would be less efficient, but is it super noticeable or not? What if you neglect air resistance? I would expect you lose more energy as heat in the motors too; but is it all very noticeable? Or is the difference so little that it is worth cranking it up to full speed just to save time?

Often my battery is empty very quickly when i fly full speed ATTI, while flying slow and hovering lasts much longer... However I don't know About long distance flying...

Seems to me going slow saves the battery more than fast. Full throttle eats up soo much power

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Weight has more influence on battery life than forward/reverse speed - dependent on wind direction/speed.

The mere fact of hovering always burns a significant amount of energy regardless of forward/reverse direction. Of course, any increase in altitude burns more power.

So, you’ll likely realize more battery life flying slowly but depending on the direction/strength of wind, it may not be as dramatic difference as you may think.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl