Couple of questions for Final Cut Pro X users

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying Final Cut, but before I do I want to make sure it's worth the £200.

At the moment I'm using the free iMovie that came with my MacBook Pro. When I stabilise a video on iMovie there is quite a noticeable degradation in quality of the video. Also where it has had to work hard to stabilise parts of the video, the warping is quite bad.

My question is, does Final Cut do a lot better job in terms of stabilisation and video quality over iMove ?

Thanks

I would suggest Adobe Premiere instead of Final Cut X.
They have a warp stabilizer that is amazing, plus it feels a lot more professional.
Final Cut Pro X has a lot of cool filters and export settings, but I found that
I actually learned something with Adobe, making filters and export settings myself.

:ugeek:

You should be able to get trial versions of FCP & Adobe Premier so you might want to do that before you buy. Also, Premiere is in the Creative Cloud for Adobe now, which is a pay-as-you-go monthly for the application. You can have access to all of the Creative Cloud applications (i.e. Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere), for like $50/month, or just Premiere for $30/mo. Not bad if you want to try and buy. There's also Avid Media Composer which is more professional but again I think you can get a trial version for free for a month so might want to check that out too. Best of all, all of this stuff is available online for download, so you can be editing in a program right away.

It's important that you're running on a fairly new computer with a lot of RAM to use any of these with good results. Happy flying (and filming)!

I am just deciding between Adobe Premier Elements and Power director 12 ; I am wondering if someone could compere this two ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl