Could be a Mavic Buster

Is it just me or does it seem fitting that this comes out as Go Pro announces the death of their Karma?
I've never understood why people compared the Karma with Mavic or this new machine now.
The only similarity was that both were folding drones but they shared nothing else.
The Karma was huge and heavy, definitely not in the same class as the compact and lightweight Mavic.
They never would have been competition even if the Karma had been a better drone.

I've never understood why people compared the Karma with Mavic or this new machine now.
The only similarity was that both were folding drones but they shared nothing else.
The Karma was huge and heavy, definitely not in the same class as the compact and lightweight Mavic.
They never would have been competition even if the Karma had been a better drone.
In think the prospect of a serious comparison is getting a lot closer. 4K 60FPS camera, OA, 7km range- it does have an OLED screen in the remote so may make it a more attractive proposition for some.

I wonder if it has an INTEL/Movidius brain? If DJI could have afforded the outlay they might be kicking themselves they didn’t buy Movidius.

Serious competition is good for consumers. Something tells me it will be a hard act to catch DJI though. They are very good at what they do.

In think the prospect of a serious comparison is getting a lot closer. 4K 60FPS camera, OA, 7km range.
On paper it does look impressive (although it does appear to be heavily influenced by the Mavic - a lot like the X-star was by the P3).
The interesting thing is that Autel seem to have caught up with the intelligent programming and transmission range.
The big unknowns are will it work as well as the Mavic?
Will it be a Mavic copy or will it have new features?
Can Autel bring it to the market and what will it cost?

On paper it does look impressive (although it does appear to be heavily influenced by the Mavic - a lot like the X-star was by the P3).
The interesting thing is that Autel seem to have caught up with the intelligent programming and transmission range.
The big unknowns are will it work as well as the Mavic?
Will it be a Mavic copy or will it have new features?
Can Autel bring it to the market and what will it cost?
Agree fully on all counts- my observation simply being that the competitors would seem to be making ground as far as ferries and capabilities go. I am interested to learn if this offering is based on the intel/Movidius SOC. There is no question the cutting edge tech is sourced by DJI from Intel currently (previously Movidius prior the Intel acquisition). We have seen the recent release of the $99 drone that has the DJI flight controller software running directly on the Movidius chip. It’s exciting times.

I still don’t know why other drone makers haven’t offered better range, the wifibroadcast protocol is easy to implement and is part of the wifi standards.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT