Controller compatable with a P330d?

Reaction score
Hi to all!

Im fresh to the DJI 'stable' after having my eyes averterted to one!

Unfortunately it doesnt work, well, didnt but hats mostly sorted ( I hope )

With the drone i was given the original controller (requires AA batteries type) without a battery compartmwent door and in a state.
I was also given a GL358wa controller and told that would work when paired to the drone.....
So far so good? The problem is Ive managed to find the binding method for my drone (button in battery compartment) but when pressed to start binding procedure only flashes 2 or 3 times quickly
then returns to a steady red led? I'm read tounderstand it should remain flashing to bind? I can (by trial and error) get the controller in what i assume is pairing/binding mode by putting the left stick locked down and turning it on. After several seconds it starts to bleep etc. Is this controller compatible with my p330d v1.1.1 with aftermarket gimble setup and if so why wont the drone remain flashing in bind mode or any other?

I'm hoping someone has anything to put forward to ease my frustration!!!

Thanks in advance to those way ahead of me! Id hate to have to give up on this old drone....

Hi, welcome to the site. I find the same binding sequence also. My remedy is to turn the remote on during those first three flashes. But, the p330d is a phantom 1, and your controller is a phantom 3 controller I believe. You could give it a try. Compatible controllers are the DJ6 and the NDJ6, available on ebay $25-$50. I think also a SR6 works. Good luck. Also previous owner may have switched out the reciever to a 5.8Ghz, so they could use the 2.4Ghz wifi from the gopro. This I believe would make your controller work.

Last edited:
I was also given a GL358wa controller and told that would work when paired to the drone.....
A GL358wA is typically the RC for a P3S, but I don’t know if it will work with older models such as yours.

Hi, welcome to the site. I find the same binding sequence also. My remedy is to turn the remote on during those first three flashes. But, the p330d is a phantom 1, and your controller is a phantom 3 controller I believe. You could give it a try. Compatible controllers are the DJ6 and the NDJ6, available on ebay $25-$50. I think also a SR6 works. Good luck. Also previous owner may have switched out the reciever to a 5.8Ghz, so they could use the 2.4Ghz wifi from the gopro. This I believe would make your controller work.
That's very useful thank you! I can check the internal to see what frequency they're on. Thank goodness the quick flashing is normal too!!! I shall investigate further and post :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan