Contacting NATS in UK - Commercial Operations

Reaction score
Hi,

Just signed up to ask if anyone with a UK permit for commercial operations has had any experience operating a drone in the controlled airspace around Stansted Airport in the UK or any airport/experience of contacting the flight controllers via NATS. The drone is below 7kg, and we are advised 'If you are under 7kg, it is still strongly advised to notify the air traffic service provider of your activity'

I currently have a CAA permit for commercial operations and the drone will be below 7kg... however the client wants images take around 500 meters away from the airfield... not on the approaches but off to the side... so seems close to me, and I have emailed NATS via their contact form to ask advice... however if they are like the CAA this could take weeks to reply to?

I am also a member of the North Weald model flying club, and we operate drones/models in controlled airspace there with permission and under the control of the controller there... but can image Stantsted being a whole different kettle of fish...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl