Compass Error Exit Gps Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian

Reaction score
Hi Crew

I have a Compass Error problem with my Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian but still not sure on weather its a problem with my Drone or the need to calibrate the compass in a better location.

I'm from Perth Western Australia so its been Calibrated on a big Sporting field away from Goal Posts etc.
But I'm wondering if the Underground Piping/Reticulation is playing a factor ?

I have had over 15 hours Experience on Phantom 3 Drones and hold my Remote Pilots Licence but never have encountered these issues with them.
This problem has me always worrying about a Fly away...( already had a close one)

If any one with similar problem can help with some advice that would be great ?

Many thanks
Morgs

Why not just calibrate the compass and see ?

I have a Compass Error problem with my Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian but still not sure on weather its a problem with my Drone or the need to calibrate the compass in a better location.

I'm from Perth Western Australia so its been Calibrated on a big Sporting field away from Goal Posts etc.
There should be no need to calibrate your compass under normal conditions.
What is the problem?

If your Phantom hovers in place without slowly spiraling and flies straight, your compass is fine.
This problem has me always worrying about a Fly away...( already had a close one)
If you want to understand the incident, post flight data and someone can give you some idea of what happened.
Pilots might be confused or disoriented but Phantoms don't fly away.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl